Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 183
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 183
first know I am sick about all this. I have two threads already explaining the situation on "Emotional Needs" and "Just Found Out" i know it was at least an EA if not a PA. I have no proof and I may never get any.

I'm reading a little bit more and I'm confused about exposure. Am I to expose it anyway? I have been holding on to this as a trump card. To the girl's mother and to his close friend who cares about him.

I don't know if all contact has stopped, all texting has stopped but there are other ways to communicate. He's also being such a [censored] I am wondering if he's in withdrawel. All this time I'm hanging on feeling sick and waiting for bad news. I just have bad feelings.

Should I keep pressure on him to know where he is and what he is doing? Should I check up on him discreetly but enough for him to know he's watching? He wants to go diving on Sunday with a guy I've never met, obviously I can't go. I can however drive down there and make my presence known. Should I call this guy's house and see if he went diving?

I am kind of at a loss and since I am waiting I don't know what else to do its freaking me out. I think he will bolt if I push too hard. Or does it matter. If he bolts he's slitting his own throat.

I haven't gotten a firm commitment to move forward yet, either.

as you can tell, I'm pretty confused. I thought I was supposed to give him a chance to make the break himself. Is that wrong or not. He doesn't yet seem remorseful or even has a ken of what kind of seriousness this is, he thinks its no big deal and denys any improper conduct (which I don't believe)


pretty confused
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
I would check up on him until you find out what he is doing. Can you hire a P.I.? How do you think he comminucates with her?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,179
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,179
Quote
first know I am sick about all this. I have two threads already explaining the situation on "Emotional Needs" and "Just Found Out" i know it was at least an EA if not a PA. I have no proof and I may never get any.

Disclaimer" I have not read the whole story in the other sections.

Well, it is my opinion, that you should "lay low" untill you get proof. You are talking hogwash when you say "I have no proof and I may never get any". If a Wayward is cheating, THEY WILL ALWAYS GET CAUGHT EVENTUALLY. You have to remain diligent. When you have proof, EXPOSE immidiately to the OP's wife and them move out in the family circle from there. Threatning to expose does NOT have near the POWER of just exposure without warning.

A big part of your belief that "you may never get proof" likely has something to do with your subconscious denial of this all. That is ok, we all experience this. You may not be "getting" the "proof" because deep down inside you don't truly "want to know". I understand this phenemenon all too well.

SOurmale, MD


Some people just don't get it, they don't get it that they don't get it.

I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0