Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1426419 07/16/05 06:54 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,430
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,430
A few weeks ago I was searching for answers to this whole RR thing when I came across this Q&A.
Thought I would share if interested.
Karona

www.parentswithoutpartners.org/vaStone.htm


Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 841
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 841
Karona,

Now where have you heard that before?

"Healing relationship slast as long as they need too"


I seem to remember reading that somewhere...lol

RBM


"Who are you" said the Caterpillar
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation.

Alice replied, rather shyly, "I--I hardly know, sir, just at present...At least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,430
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,430
I know, I know Reborn.

I almost quoted you, really I was going to. But then I thought I would just keep it short and sweet!
I should have known you would bust me on this!

When I found this, it supported what you had told me.
In fact, I was going to mention them as "healing/growing" but I didn't want to take any claims to your WISE terminology.

K.


Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788
I don't think I'd go there to find anybody to date. Seems too much healing. Like there's people using lots of kleenex and hankies. Learning how to adjust or something.

Like what would happen if you became widowed and went to a support group for people whose spouses die. Lots of grief sex (see movie Wedding Crashers for reference here)...lmao.

In case you're wondering...this was a funny response...or at least intended 2 be.


me:37 BS; s:7; xh:38; OW:26;eloped w/OW 1 wk after D: 12/29/03. OC born 3/17/04. Happy! Blessed to be the mother of a wonderful son..great profession..Life's good!
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 8,079
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 8,079
I like the 1 in 5 principle.

If they have been in a relationship 5 years, it should take 1 year. If they have been in a relationship 12 years it should take 2.4 years.

Provided they have actually worked through the healing process. Just because it's been 5 years or 10 years doesn't mean the person is really over the last relationship or the hurt caused during that time.


Simul Justus Et Peccator
“Righteous and at the same time a sinner.”
(Martin Luther)
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,707
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,707
Unfortunately, I'm the "they" who used a rebound relationship in the healing/growing process. Fortunately, unlike the article, we were both using the relationship in the same way so no one was left wondering what happened and I don't think either of us came to hate the other.


FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0