Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1430729 07/19/05 09:20 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I just wanted to know if its okay to ask my H who had the A to open up and tell his older brother?I only ask because i think he would get some advice that might help us.
See his brothers wife cheated on him and ended up leaving him for this other man.He did go thru hell.They don't even get along and only talk when its about the their kids.
I sometimes think maybe theres somethink he can tell my H let him know how i feel. What he can do to mak things even better?
My H and I are doing very well,but i still have triggers and i wonder if something else can help.Maybe he can tell my H things he wished happened to him. Things he wished were said.
Don't get me wrong my H has changed in so many ways. He has proven he made a mistake.We have found this love i never thought exsisted.I'm just worried maybe we are missing something.How can i be this happy after whats happened to me.

Thanks #1mom

Me BW 31 Him FWH 30 Married 13yrs D-day 12/04 NC right away New job Some set backs due to whole truth coming out over a few months.Other wise great first and only recovery.
C
C
If your H is not comfortable talking to his brother about this, please don't try to force him. I believe that would make it a selfish demand.

Perhaps instead the two of you could see a MC that specializes in As? You'd get direction and advice from an MC that you might not get from your BIL.

Cat

K
K
#1,

I think I know where you are coming from.

After Dday I found an article that described the terrible pain and agony a BS feels. It listed all kinds of things, low self esteem, the surreal feeling we get, the images and movies, etc, etc,..it really told it like it was.

I showed Geeze the article..and of course she cried and said how sorry she was. But I never have felt she had any idea what I felt and am still feeling.

My point being we BSs know that the WS does not understand what we are feeling and the depth of our hurt. And we somehow want and need to convey this to them.

They have been in the A for X number of months (or years) and they have resolved their feelings and want to get on with living. Until they walk a mile in our moccasins they will not have a clue of our nightmarish rollercoaster. We must resolve ourselves to this.

You are wanting your H to talk to his bro so his bro can let him know the pain. Do not force him to do this. He may not want his bro to know that he is a slimeball adulterer.

k

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
krusht #1430732 07/19/05 02:55 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Krusht,
I think you are right when i told him i wanted him to tell his brother. He said what go to him and say the same thing your wife did to you i did to my wife.He is really sorry for what he has done. He proves it everyday not only in words but lots os actions.He don't want his brother to know he turned into this evil person for a while.
Thanks#1mom

Last edited by numberonemom; 07/19/05 02:57 PM.

Me BW 31 Him FWH 30 Married 13yrs D-day 12/04 NC right away New job Some set backs due to whole truth coming out over a few months.Other wise great first and only recovery.
G
G
I agree with not asking your H to talk to talk to his B. Especially since your H is already showing you in actions and words how much you mean to him. It would probably hurt your H relationship with his B if he knew and you don't want any other added stress.
grace

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation