Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6 |
I received an anonomous letter in the mail telling me of my husband's cheating. I was in Florida introducing our new 2 month old to my parents and he was left at home. He got very drunk one night and ended up having sex with a friend who I not too long ago helped through a difficuly time of losing her son. I am going through the emotional roller coaster. But how do I know when it's time for me to decide to stay in this marriage. We weren't married a year when the affair happened. I know that if alcohol were not a factor, it would not have happened. I do believe that. But it sill hurts the same. I have kicked him out and have no emotional support. I made the mistake of telling my mother and I don't find her all that helpful. What do I do next? I need help.. Please...
CV(me)- 26
JV(H) - 30
DV - 5 months
married 1 year
together 3 years
Discover date - July 21, 2005
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 73
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 73 |
You need to decide if you think this marriage is worth saving. I have only been in my marriage for a year and half when my H cheated on me. If Iraq werent a role it would not have happened not that its an excuse because it was and still is wrong. Do u love your H? Are you both willing to get into some MC? Maybe some IC for youself it will help you out. If you love your H and want to work this out than i would said do it. Does he feel guilty for what happened? I know about the mom thing too, i told my mom now she cant even speak on my H name or even look at a picture of him right now. As the days go by it gets easier but your the one that has to make the choice not your mom or anybody else. Sit down together and talk things out and see if you both want to save your M. DId he admit to this?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 713
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 713 |
Dylan's Mom, You mention nothing about your H and his feelings around all this. Is he distraught? Is he trying? or is he disinterested?
My H's 10 month A started with a one night stand while they were drunk. For 6 months nothing and then when our newborn was about 6 weeks old, he was back with her this time no alchol and no one night stand. They work together and after the one night stand, he never did completely cut her off...allowing it to re-kindle during a stressful time in his life so to say.
I think whether you stay in this marriage depends a lot on what he is doing now. What do his actions say? More info needed to help.
Good luck. 2
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
103
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|