Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L

To all of you that offered you words of support and lended us your prayers, thank you.

I’d like to say that the wedding went off without a hitch but things happened. On the way to pick some people up from the airport, the limo threw the treads off one tire. Then right before the wedding, FHL04’s little 3yo decided she had enough fun and that actually led to the wedding starting 10 minutes late. Ohhhh and then the microphone didn’t work for the singer, but he recovered nicely. So all in all it went pretty smooth.

Here’s a quick run down. First, all 5, count ‘em 5, girls pulled up in a limo to In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride, and that was when my tears started. Ohhh them girls all looked like a million bucks. Then FHL04 pulled up on a Rolles-Royce golf cart to Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Martina McBride. More tears….. The scene by the lake was wonderful. We had each prepared a little speech before the vows but once I laid eyes on my bride to be I threw my speech out the window and ad-libbed it. My nephew sang When you say you Love Me by Josh Groban, even without the microphone it was great. Did the whole ring exchange and then presented each of the girls with roses. There were only like 40 people there but I’d be willing to wager that almost all of them at one point or another had a tear to share. It was amazing. We had our dance. I smeared cake in her face. And then it was off to the Bed & Breakfast for the night, and that’s where I’ll end my little run down.

Again, thank you all for your support over the years and especially your prayers of late. We’ll get some photo’s up in the near future to share with our MB family.

God Bless you all……

PS…..Now I really do need the name change……

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
L
OP Offline
L
and here are some photo's to prove it!!!!!!

Wedding Photos

Bill
D
D
CONGRATULATIONS!!! FHL04 is absolutely beautuful. She must be blind though ;o)I wish ya'll nothing but the best.
This is kinda spooky, I haven't even looked on here in months and didn't have anything to do so popped in and here ya'll are. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Let me tell you one secret of such so-called successes as there have been in my life. It was to burn my boats and demolish the bridges behind me. Then there is is no choice but to go Forward! - Fridtjof Nansen
L
OP Offline
L
She must be blind though

I kind of wondered that myself, but heck she showed up and my daddy didn't raise no fool...... Anyways, thank you for your thoughts and take care.

Bill
S
S
congrats!!!! now where are ya all living..your place or hers?

Pictures are absolutely beautiful

XH has multiple addictions. 26 year history of drug&alcohol problems, physical as well as emotional abuse.

Divorced 11-03

Engaged to former sweetheart from my youth, God is Good!

GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!!! Passed my first (and hardest) of 3 medical boards 10-12-07

I am trusting God.

if you keep you face to the sunshine; you will never see the shadows Helen Keller
L
OP Offline
L
(((Sunrise))))

Well actually we are going to be split up for another semester of college. She can finish her Associates in 1 semester there but if she moves here she'd have 2 semesters and a 50 mile commute. There is also a little legal manuvering that is still ongoing. But our intention is to have her move up here over Christmas break. So you ask, why not wait till then to get married? Well that's simple, we wanted an outdoor wedding by my Mom's lake. If we waited till December, it would have been a tad cold here in KS....

Bill
T
T
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
That is wonderful! I hope we all have such a happy ending.

Me 35
STBX 39
Dear son 9
Married...15 years (Jan. 20, 1990)
D-Day July 20, 2004.
Divorcing!

What goes around comes around

Sometimes we have to hold our head high, blink back the tears and say GOOD-BYE
J
J
Congratulations FHL04 and LH,

I hope you two find all of the happiness you deserve and seek.

Mighty fine looking family you got there LH, take good care of them.

God Bless,

JL

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation