Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Every Wednesday on the Prayer Requests Forum, we used to pray and fast for one another for the restoration of our marriages and our lives. I would like to revive that weekly habit, so...

Every Wednesday I'd like to encourage you to check in and let your fellow MB'ers know you have prayed for the group. Prayer does mighty things and group prayer is even better. "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matt 18:20.

I will be entering the prayer post every Monday night with any prayer requests that have been forwarded to me at faithfulwifecj@yahoo.com, so everyone has an opportunity to add their own personal prayer request if they want to/need to. You can also just post your prayer request on the weekly post. Then on Wednesday, I ask that if you can--please check in, hit the "Post Reply" button, and enter "Amen".

I think it will be great to see how God works in our lives and heals our marriages and us. If you want to pray with us I will be more than happy to add your name to the list below.

Prayer Warriors who are praying and being prayed for: (I'm going to start a new list--previously the list was over 200 prayer warriors and counting)

FaithfulNewCJ

Prayers Answered/God's Gifts to Us: (once again, I'm going to start a new list--but here are a few "oldies" for encouragement)

Lupolady (has RECONCILED with H!! Doing better and better each day. PTL!) * StandingTogether (H has agreed to read The Five Love Languages together) * TTSMM (stood by D in church when she did her first reading ever during her "First Penance" ceremony)

FNCJ

Last edited by FaithfulNewCJ; 08/03/05 01:05 AM.
S
S
You know you can add me CJ.

Bless you.

S&C

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
F
OP Offline
F
Okay folks, please bare (heehee) in mind that I am new at this and trying to find the most efficient format. Here are the Prayer Warriors (the folks willing to pray for others), the Prayer Requests (the things we are praying for as we pray together), and the Prayers Answered/God's Gifts to Us for the first new week:

Prayer Warriors who are praying: (I'm going to start a new list--previously the list was over 200 prayer warriors and counting)

FaithfulNewCJ, steadfast and committed, ForeverHers, TreeReich*, A.M. Martin, still seeking

Prayer Requests:

A.M. Martin--pray for WH's spiritual safety, for children's conversion, and for courage as she faces major life changes as she goes back to work to support her children.

TreeReich*--pray for everyone here on MB; protect her and her son from further emotional harm; that her son heal from this divorce.

sunrise1--pray that her children heal...her daughter used to play the flute and has not touched it in 3 years.

ceecee--pray for clarity about God's will and when she may or may not move on after a divorce.

green--pray for parents...dad is cheating on mom, and there is domestic violence and abuse in the home.

sassygal125--pray for her...she did something wrong.

mant--pray for reconciliation with fiance.

CarenMc--pray for her H to have a change of heart, and for her to grow in personal self-worth and wisdom.

dreamingdreams--a LOT of prayers are needed here. There is domestic violence in her marriage, physical and verbal abuse, and gambling. It sounds very scary!

MBP--pray because his W wants "out".

aloneinottawa--pray because his W doesn't think M is worth saving and said so in MC.

loverherso--pray for God's continued presence and guidance. He confessed to his W, and she has agreed to try to save the M, but is very hurt.

Shul--a LOT of prayer is needed here too. Her H is WS and continues to flaunt his A in her face, but Shul will not allow him to experience the consequences of his choices. Pray for her H to end C with the OW, but also pray that Shul find the courage and self-love to guard her heart as God has commanded us in Prov. 4:23.

bigbuffs--pray that God's will be done, that his W see the error of her ways, and that he have the strength to get through this.

Confused_Ex_Husb--pray that Satan stop blinding his eyes so that he can see God in his life; pray that all stubbornness and clinging to control will fall away.

Pray for everyone on the "Just Found Out" forum, because when you first find out about your spouse's infidelity, it is so devastating and painful. Pray that WS's have the courage to repent and repair, and pray that BS's have the maturity to forgive and recover.

Prayers Answered/God's Gifts to Us: (once again, I'm going to start a new list--but I've also included a few "oldies" for encouragement)

FaithfulNewCJ--so much to be thankful for! I have a new job that I LOVE!! My children are with me and healthy and happy. I have a new love in my life when I never thought I'd ever have that gift again.

Lupolady--has RECONCILED with H!! Doing better and better each day. PTL!

StandingTogether--H has agreed to read The Five Love Languages together.

TTSMM--stood by D in church when she did her first reading ever during her "First Penance" ceremony.

Last edited by FaithfulNewCJ; 08/04/05 03:43 PM.
S
S
SAR2 - pray for husband to be released from the hold of alcohol and return home to rebuild our marriage. Also, please release him from the temptation of other women, his "divorced friends." (All are female, by the way, and seem to be encouraging divorce.)

2dogmom - pray that WH will realize that he came home ot work on our M and he can find the love he has seemed to misplace. Also, that he will get over his withdrawal of OW.

BW - me - 35 WH - 35 together 18 yrs, married 10yrs 2 DD - ages 5, 2 d-day 1 - 9/25/04 (EA) d-day 2 - 6/2/05 (PA same OW) NC (in person) - 7/14/05 - but accidently bumps into at work NC broken 8/30 after exposure
T
T
TURNING2HIM ~ Father continue to soften my husbands heart and let him realise that you put us together and we should live as you want us to. Lord help me get rid of the anger that I feel sometimes. Please restore and reconcile our marriage. Father, Make it even better than it was before.

~ Father, bless and strengthen our marriage in the midst of the pressure and problems of our lives (2 Corinthians 12:9).

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13
S
S
CJ - You know you can count me in to say prayers for all those M's in trouble & the ones that are struggling in recovery or even for those that have good recoveries, that they continue. For everyone basically!

I don't post here anymore, but something told me to check the threads & lo & behold I found this! I'm so happy you've revived this again!

Would you mind changing my praise to be that the recovery is going better than expected? That we're getting better everyday? However you want to word it is fine w/me. I just wanted to pop in & say hi & that I've missed talking w/you. I do need to send an update to everyone. I miss you guys!

RBW (me) FWH lostboyz
Married for 16 years
DDay on 10/10/03
Reconciliation on 2/8/04
Son 17, Twin son & daughter 16
4 years of a strong recovery
M
M
Please hear their prayers Lord. Amen

Maxie

S
S
Amen.

S&C

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
M
M
Thanks guys.U r all in my prayers.

Amen.

T
T
I have been praying daily for everyone on MB. I pray that God gives WS's the courage and the love to recommitt to their M's and the grace to withdraw from their OP. I pray that God gives BS's the stregnth, love, and understanding to also recommitt to save their M's regardless of the excrutiating pain. Lord, soften the pain enough so that we can all open our eyes and be compassionate to our WS's. Lord, please help WS's and BS's alike as they are all suffering. Please join together again what no man can put asunder. Amen

Blessings,
Tarehurts

T
T
One more thing that I think many of us are praying for; Please Lord help the desperate situation in New Orleans and Mississippi. Help all those without food, water, shelter.

Blessings,
Tarehurts

K
K
Please pray for my w/h and me, b/s's marriage. Both of our hearts need softening and we both need to learn how to empathise and fill each other's en. We just started recovery, and need Jesus's help to not only restore our marriage, but to make it what god intended it to be.
Please also pray for my mil and for her happiness in the new facility she is going to, due to my w/h E/A with the activities director at her current assisted living facility.
Please pray for my husband. He is feeling so much pain, anger and resentment towards me. Please pray that I will become the wife, I should have been prior to EA.
Thank You, So Much

K.D's Heartbreak

In the end, I have nothing to lose but everything to gain, by trying to save my marriage.

Me, betrayed wife 46
Former Wandering Husband, 51 E/A 2005
28 years of marriage
DD 26, DS 24
O/W aka, Rat 29, A-D Assisted Living
Discovery 8-20-05 Recovery ongoing.
R
R
Dear Faith,

I remember being prayed for on the Weekly Prayer thread about five years ago when I was RuffledSheets. I must say thank you for all prayers.

I was newly separated after discovery of my X's affairs. MB was where I shared with many others who were in the same situation. I was very confused, hurt and did not know what to do. I was also a very young Christian.

Looking back now, I can see that through all the confusion and hurt, the Lord was faithful and shaped my path. I can now clearly see his hands working in my life and I continue to thank Him for his love and grace.

I want to encourage others who cannot yet see God working in their prayers to be patient and faithful to Him. God works in His own time and His plan is always perfect. Leave it in His hands. Continue your daily walk with God and read the Bible often because He talks to us through His words.

I include you in my prayers,
RuffledNot

A
A
Thank you so much for setting up a weekly prayer. I know everyone needs prayer in their lives and for those of us on marriage builders we need all the prayers we can get. I am so happy that there is someone out there who is willing to pray for my relationship and cares so much. You are all truly amazing individuals.

Please add my husband to your prayer list. He is lost and confused. Unfortunately, all anyone can do for him or our marriage is to continue supporting him and pray for him. I know that there is love in his heart and that when he decides to open his heart and be loved that he will find more love than he ever knew existed.

Thank you once agian and God Bless You All!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation