Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
My husband walked in the door last Sunday and told me that he wanted a divorce. Completely out of left field. Never seen it coming. Been married almost 6 yrs. 4 kids-2 mine, 2 ours. He says that he doesn't love me and doesn't think that he ever has. I honestly don't believe that and think that he thinks if he hurts me it will make for a quick split. I have explained to him that I love him and that I refuse to give up on our marriage. It's been five days, we are both still in the house. He seems angry at me because I have a peace about what will come. I have put it in God's hands. I am only concentrating on being a better mother and a better person. I keep trying to talk to him (without smothering) to no avail. For the past 3 nights he has -at my request without begging-slept in the same bed throughout the night. His usual place to sleep is the couch because (at least what he told me) of back problems. I feel that if he was trying to pacify me that he would get up in the middle of the night and go to the couch. But he still will not talk to me.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568
Take this over to teh GQ (general Questions) forum. Those guys have much more experience with addressing issues much like this, and a lot more people view that forum.

They're in a much better place to help you.

Good luck.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568

I will say that it does seem symptomatic of a possible affair, either starting, or in progress.

You way want to check into that. (Cell phone records, email, stuff like that). But check on GQ first.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
Can you tell me how to do that Jaye?

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,568
I'm not sure what you're asking me to do. Repost the initial question over on the General Questions forum (look at the "Main Index" link to find it.). The GQ people deal with this kind of thing regularly and can offer more specific advice.

Just start a new thread in GQ and cut/paste the info, or re-type it.

If you're asking me how to check for an affair, well, you could hire somebody, you could check the cell phone bill, check work, look through his email, see wha tsites he's visiting on the Internet, etc.

Be more specific, perhaps I can be more helpful.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0