Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I don’t know when you should try to make your marriage special again, but I’m trying and wrote a letter to my WS. Its no 40 days past d-day, how long do I stay on plan A? When do you introduce changes, like this letter I’m writing:

--------------------------------------------------------------
I love you with all of my heart and the last few weeks have been quite a challenge for both of us. You and I have had many challenges in our live that we have faced head on together. Like any of the other problems we have encountered in our life, we we’ll come out on top.

I know we are both committed to our marriage but I want us to be a special couple again and want to feel special, as I know you do.

I started to analyze all of the things I have said and what led us to where we are today, but it all comes down to it really isn’t going to change anything. I know from the bottom of my heart that I want to be married to you!

You also reminded me that you can’t do what someone wants if you don’t know what it is…That was a profound and excellent point. So I started to think what I want to make our marriage special again!

1. We should share our needs and desires with each other, for the most part we do this, but I think we can improve.

2. We should agree to what ever we decide mutually, if one of us disagrees with the other persons needs, comments or plans than the person who has a disagreement should explain their position. We both should state what things make us happy and those that make us sad and for the most part we know most of them.

3. Tell me what would make our marriage special to you? Tell me what I can do to make you feel special?

4. I wanted to hear you tell me that being faithful means more to you know than ever. “We should make a new commitment to each other.”

- This you actually already answered, when we where at a restaurant I mentioned to you that usually when one spouse has broken their VOW’s they become less meaning full and it becomes more likely that it could happen again.

- You replied “You know me better than that and I promise it well never happen again, I just couldn’t do it again after what has happened.”

- I told you that meant an awful lot to me.

5. Intimate honesty with no omissions, this one I know you have a hard time with, but I believe it to be the bedrock of what I thought our marriage was and want it to be.

- I would like you to be able to confide in me again!
- Point five is more important to me than any other!

Your,

Loving and Understanding

Husband

--------------------------------------------------------------
How long do I stay on plan A?
When do you introduce changes?

Help Less Romantic, Confused but still in Love!

The story of Help Less Romantic
H
OP Offline
H
I tried rehearsing the letter and telling it to her first and that got her very sad and upset, So when we got home I ripped up the letter and she said didn’t you want me to read it?

I said I didn’t think you would want to? So the next day I placed it in an envelope with a love card from hallmark and taped it to her mirror in her changing room. WOW, she was happy; don’t understand the difference but it ended up being a big success…

If you’re going to try this, I might go straight to the second part and let them read it!

Help Less Romantic, Confused but still in Love!

The story of Help Less Romantic

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 999 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation