Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Things started out bad Sunday morning with my WS; I was rubbing her and she pushed my hand off her, when I asked why she got upset, she said I didn’t feel like it. I made a poor comment how she’s been pushing me away lately. She told me I have issues & problems with work, I told her no they where do to what happened that I have a hard time understanding how she could make love to someone else? So you’re a saint that’s not me and continued that I explained it once and than commented “you should get your act together!”

Later that day we went for a walk and things got worse, when I told her that her comments about what I want for a special marriage “During the first week, I told her that it hurt so much because I thought we had a special marriage and now we don’t” She responded by saying there are many things that can make a marriage special but you need to find out what it means to you? So I told her that “I know we are both committed to our marriage but I want us to be a special couple again and want to feel special, as I know you do. I started to analyze all of the things I have said and what led us to where we are today, but it all comes down to is how we feel inside. I know from the bottom of my heart that I want to be married to you! You also reminded me that you can’t do what someone wants if you don’t know what it is…That was a profound and excellent point. So I started to think what I want to make our marriage special again! Thank you for making me feel special and understanding how much our marriage means.”

But she processed everything negatively saying; here we go again talking about it! She said why don’t just get to the point tell me what’s going on, can’t you just move on? WS continued to say you tell me you have some emotionally problems...spit them out what are they? I told her sometimes things bother me…She said “WHAT THINGS” I wakeup through out the night thinking of us and every thing, I have been crying for 45 days. I’m working on my issues the best I can.

She said “I can’t take it anymore maybe this (Us working on our marriage) isn’t going to work we have been trying but if you can’t move past this maybe we better split? I’m just not providing what you need and don’t seem to give you what you want?”

I asked why does everything have to be negative, I started talking about what I thought would make you happy; to know that you have been helping me feel better and find what I think can make our marriage special again. WS’s comment “I know you what to renew our VOW’s and I DON”T, I never wanted to before this and I think do so know makes no sense.” I told her “renewing her VOW’s only would make sense if and when she felt it would be right.” She replied that it’s not going to be this month or this year! I said “than I’ll wait.”

The rest of the night continued with how our marriage isn’t working and maybe we are not meant to be together anymore?

Help Less Romantic, Confused but still in Love!

The story of Help Less Romantic
O
Owl Offline
O
My friend...you REALLY need to stick to one thread so that we don't have to pick through a dozen threads to follow your story. Please, try making a single thread and sticking to it...you can change the title of it as needed, but having all of this 'history' in one spot makes it a lot easier for people to give you advice.

H
OP Offline
H
I didn't know you can change the Title

Help Less Romantic, Confused but still in Love!

The story of Help Less Romantic

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation