Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1453640 08/17/05 03:40 PM
M
mntony Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi people, My wife is threatening a restraining order because last night I called her a slut, she then called the police, and I had to leave my home. I was totaly manipulted
She had the whole thing planned.

H
H
MNTONY,

Need a little more info. Give us some background on what led to this and what you want to do.

Hopeful4future

The character of a person is defined by their actions...not their intentions. Otherwise, the world would be full of Saints.

BS: 40 (Me)
xFWW: 50
Married: 9/97
PA: 3 months
D-Day: 6/30/2005 (she revealed to me)
Divorced: 10/2/2008
Happy that I've moved on
S
S
We need more info and you need a lawyer.

All your wife needs to do is show that you're a threat, there's a history (now the police have been involved) and you can be removed from the house.

In NY state all my XW had to do is say that I threatened her. There was no history, witnesses, nothing but her word. I was given her divorce papers and a restraining order. All I could do is get my stuff and leave for a week. NC with her OR my boys. Her day came in court when I demanded a hearing to get back in my home and access to my boys. I won, easily. Her and her attorney were admonished in court for their actions. BUT it happened! Know this. Get a lawyer. This could have been an act that her lawyer told her to do.

While disrespectful and a LB what you did was not illegal. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

Me BS - 44
FWW- 42
EA for 4 years with fellow employee
became PA in Jan 04 - I knew of this one.
Seperated/ Divorced July 03
2 sons 14 & 12
D Day -6/26/04- PA in 1998 for about 1 year- I had NO idea.
recovery and reconciliation began 6/27/04

Remarried 2/18/06

My story?? Click below.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=129980&Number=1575914

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 204 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T
71,842 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation