Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 10
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 10 |
I posted a few weeks ago and usually I am pretty good about keeping up with forums (Cars, Cameras, etc...) but I have been too tired and drained to keep up with this one. Sorry.
My WW wrote the NC letter a month ago and since then things have been calm and almost normal. We go out to dinner, meet with friends and play with the kids. She has broken all contact with the OM (I still monitor her calls) and she realizes what a mistake she has made. She says that she wants to be with me and have a loving long-term relationship but at the same time she says she doesn't feel that intimate feeling with me and has refused to have any sexual relations. It's been 3 months for us when for 15 years of marriage we were having relations 3x per week.
I want to "try" to begin some physical relations again to see if we could regain some of that intimacy but she refuses and says that one day it will just hit her and she will come to me. I believe that we have to work at our marriage including having sex and I am starting to get frustrated. How can she claim to love me, want to be with me but not "feel it" enough to want to be physical with me. This will be a big topic at our next MC meeting. I wanted to see if any-one had a similar experience. Thanks, jd
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
Sounds like she is still in withdrawal. That is very normal. Are you spending 15 hours a week doing fun things, WITHOUT the kids?
Your situation sounds very promising to me. Have you figured out what her emotional needs are? Have you been meeting the top ones?
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
144
guests, and
151
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|