Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1465150 09/01/05 11:38 AM
S
Shaden Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I haven't posted very much because I didn't feel I had a lot to share, yet... and when I did, I didn't take most of the advice given me... but I'm happy to say that my WW has agreed to committ to our marriage.

I went away with my sons on a 9 day trip. When I got home yesterday, my WW told me she was ready to fight for our marriage.

There is still a lot of healing left, but we've already started to share more about our feelings than we ever had before. I have a lot to change with myself to rid myself of my co-dependent ways and to become a secure, interdependent person.

I've read a lot of the posts and they have helped keep me sane when I've wanted to run from the relationship. They have given me hope and allowed me to understand a little of what my WW is also going through. I'm not the only one hurting.

Thanks to all.

Shaden

BH (Me) - 38
WW - 36
Married - 16 years
2 children - 10,12
DD1 - 05/30/05 - EA suspected, W wanted space
DD2 - 07/01/05 - EA/PA discovered & confronted WW
DD3 - 07/21/05 - Further contact discovered and now ended.
11/07/05 - exposed to OMW...
07/01/07 - separated to give "space". recovery was not progressing.
09/04/07 - DDAY all over... new OM.

Patience with God is Faith.
Patience with myself is Hope.
Patience with others is Love.
FAITH REQUIRES ACTION!
Shaden #1465151 09/01/05 11:49 AM
S
S
Shad,

I had a similar experience when I took my kids on a 7 day Vaca. It seems that when the WS is taken away from it all they start to realize what they are throwing away. Unfortunately in my case it only lasted 3-4 days and escalated to total lack of desire for the M (in the opinion of my ws anyway) I was actually thinking of taking the kids on another Vaca in the near future as kind of a test. Who knows...maybe maybe not, but I am willing to do anything.

R.

S
S
I meant to say that I am very happy and excited for you. CONGRATS!, but remember stick to the plan.

B
B
Congratulations Shaden!!!!, hopefully they'll be hope for my WW and she wake up and come home and commit to us.
Stay strong and on course

C
C
Shaden,

You continue to ignore all the advice that is available to you.

You, my friend, are in for a HUGE dose of reality.

Best of luck. You most certainly will need it.

Divorced:
"Never shelter anyone from the realities of their decisions": Noodle

You believe easily what you hope for ernestly

Infidelity does not kill marriages, the lying does

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 914 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation