Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1471049 09/10/05 10:15 AM
S
Shaden Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My Wife's parents divorced when she was 11. On her visits after the divorce with her father, he spent most of the time insulting her Mom to her and her twin sister, until they had enough and told their father they would not visit him anymore if he continued to bash their Mom. He stopped the car and let them get out. 25 years later, my Wife lives 5 minutes away from him but has had very limited contact since. She feels rejected and abandoned by him that he would choose his own selfishness over her.

About 5 years ago, my Wife then learned that her sister and her had a different biological father from an affair their Mom had. There Mom has since contacted the man and let him know about the girls. My Wife called him once and spoke to him and his wife. He refused to take a blood test and to have anything to do with her. My Wife didn't want much from him... just to meet him and know who her Dad was. She has now been rejected by 2 fathers.

In addition, her Mom had also married again when she was 13. This was a diificult time for her sister and her during teenage years... always fighting with her stepfather. He has since passed away with cancer a few months before she found out about her real father.

Recently, my W has also had an affair. She can't believe she did this knowing what her Mom went through.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar experience with some advice to ease my Wife's pain from all the rejection she has had in her life from her "father figures"?

Shaden

BH (Me) - 38
WW - 36
Married - 16 years
2 children - 10,12
DD1 - 05/30/05 - EA suspected, W wanted space
DD2 - 07/01/05 - EA/PA discovered & confronted WW
DD3 - 07/21/05 - Further contact discovered and now ended.
11/07/05 - exposed to OMW...
07/01/07 - separated to give "space". recovery was not progressing.
09/04/07 - DDAY all over... new OM.

Patience with God is Faith.
Patience with myself is Hope.
Patience with others is Love.
FAITH REQUIRES ACTION!
G
G
Your wife has been rejected by two fathers; however, her greatest and most important father is waiting for her with loving open arms. She needs to have a relationship with God. She needs to read the bible, talk to God, honor him and pray to him. After this, if she prays for a relationship with her human father and God knows she is ready for this, God will make it happen.

About the affair, have you both read the book HIS NEEDS HER NEEDS & SURVIVING AN AFFAIR.

Let me know if this is of any help or if you still have questions.
God bless you and your marriage. My name is Claudia by the way.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation