Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
The question I have is fairly simple...

Did you miss being in the home you had shared with your spouse? The reason I ask this is because my WH and I have lived in our home for 17 of our 24 yrs of marriage. He moved in with OW into a little apt. Nothing there belongs to him but his clothes. How did it make you feel when you went to your home to see your children or see your spouse? Did you feel uncomfortable or did you still walk around and act you lived there? I am just curious about this.

Last edited by hurtinginokla; 09/12/05 12:00 PM.

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
D-Day- June17, 2005 while I was 1400 miles away
WH living with OW since July 05
WH filed divorce papers Dec. 22, 05
Divorced granted June 28, 06
C
C
I don't know if this'll help since for me there is no OW since my A was 10 years ago. It was revealing the truth about it that got me where I am now. But this is how I feel and hopefully many other WS's feel too.

I've been separated and living apart (wife kicked me out) for 4 months & 12 days and this weekend I stayed at my used-to-be-home to care for our children.

Let me tell you, it was tough. Every picture of us on the wall reminds me of what I've lost (she's still got pictures up to try and sell the house). Every time I go to get something and can't remember where it can be found reminds me of how much time I've lost with my wife and family. Going to sleep at night and remembering how her head felt like on my chest and the smell of the shampoo in her hair makes me cry beyond belief. Putting the kids to bed and watching TV alone or cleaning up alone fills my heart with an emptiness that I never thought I could imagine. One spot empty at the dinner table make me lose my appetite.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. -Mother Teresa WB/FH (me): 30 FW: 30 Met: 13-Feb-92 A: Oct-95 to Dec-95 Married: 25-Jul-98 Separated: 30-Apr-05 D-Day: Dec-95 (half truth), 30-Apr-05 (entire truth) Children: DD11, DS5, DS3 W served with D papers 2-Jan-07
M
M
Remember, there's a difference between the WS in and out of THE FOG.

THE FOG is a REAL THING, Hurting..

While IN THE FOG, the WS does not care where they are living as long as he/she is with the OP and able to obtain the Affair High.

I've caught you obsessing again today.

What does this matter, Hurting? Why are you asking this question?

My FWH moved from our dream house to the ghetto... OK? He said it didn't matter to him at that time.. He wanted to be WITH HER....ANYWHERE...

Today, out of the fog, he can't believe he did that... He hates even driving near the neighborhood...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
I have to agree...WS brags about the house that OW owns. Told his former business partner it was just like hers...yada yada...they are going to sell it in January (when she has equity built up) and then they are moving to FL.

LOL...for one thing OW is not on the title. I researched this. House is still in her exhusbands name and his name ONLY. Someone tell me how you can build equity in a house in 4 mos time when you haven't made a house payment in several months...OW had told me one night her ex had defaulted on several payments. OOPS...guess WS doesn't have all the details only the crap that OW feeds him.

I honestly could not care less about how he feels living over there. Nor should you sweetie. We have HOMES...HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS...or did you forget? Anything else is just like a hotel, someplace temporary to lay your head.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back its yours. If it doesn't, it never was. You can't make sense of insanity...definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Lisa

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation