Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1473032 09/14/05 07:52 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
After a horrible past couple of days, my husband and I have agreed to read the marriage builders books together and to do the workbook. I do believe we are motivated enough and have caught the problems early enough to get the help we need from just reading the books and doing the exersizes. We have agreed that if that doesn't work, we will move on to the next step of finding counselling.

My question is about the books, I am not sure where to begin with them! I see that there are three: His Needs, Her Needs; His Needs, Her Needs for Parents; and Love Busters.

After reading through the site a bit I realize most of our problems are due to things covered in the Love Busters book.
But that book seems to be part 2 - the His Needs, Her Needs book is the first one, right? Is it important to follow the books in order??

Also - we are parents. So I am wondering if the His Needs, Her Needs for Parents would be a better choice for us. Is this basically the same as the original His Needs, Her Needs, except with information for parents, or is it a completely different book that covers entirely different things than the original one? Does the "Parents" version also work with the workbook???

We definitely are going to go through both of the books, or all three of them if the "parents" one is markedly different than the others.

I am just not sure which one to begin with. Any suggestions or insight would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
This board doesn't get much action - especially on the weekend. YOu might have better luck on the Emotional Needs board. Someone there can give you advice.

I came to the site several years after my divorce so I am useless on this matter.

All I can tell you is where to go to get a better response.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0