Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1481332 09/23/05 09:20 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Been nearly three months since D-day and we are making great progress. The quality time we spend with each other is incredible and she really misses me when we are not together. Even being in different rooms for an extended time bothers her because she misses me so much. Before, it was nothing for her to anxiously go out with the OM and not miss me. She could go for hours not seeing or talking to me and she didn't care. I've never been able to go long without talking to her, touching her, being with her, etc. Today, we are like a new loving couple.

Lately, one of the things I'm having problems with is that I'm having nightmares about my FWW A. When she holds me at nights while sleeping I don't have the dreams, but we don't always hold each other (I'm a restless sleeper) and that seems to be when my nightmares occur. I'm sure if I analyze them it would be safe to say that I'm afraid we will go back to what we once were and by her holding me I feel secure in what we now have and that let's me sleep more peacefully.

Anyone else ever have nightmares?

Hopeful4future

The character of a person is defined by their actions...not their intentions. Otherwise, the world would be full of Saints.

BS: 40 (Me)
xFWW: 50
Married: 9/97
PA: 3 months
D-Day: 6/30/2005 (she revealed to me)
Divorced: 10/2/2008
Happy that I've moved on
C
C
This sounds normal. After my A, my GF had nightmares. After the recent exposure, she had more nightmares. She unfortunately had excessive nightmares (long story) but was able to get medication for them.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. -Mother Teresa WB/FH (me): 30 FW: 30 Met: 13-Feb-92 A: Oct-95 to Dec-95 Married: 25-Jul-98 Separated: 30-Apr-05 D-Day: Dec-95 (half truth), 30-Apr-05 (entire truth) Children: DD11, DS5, DS3 W served with D papers 2-Jan-07
F
F
Not to sound disheartening, but we are over 10 months past D-Day and I still have horrendous nightmares nearly every night.

I try to analyze them sometimes, but they are pretty busy events.

Sometimes I use:

Dream Moods Dictionary

Last edited by frozen1229; 09/23/05 09:45 AM.
frozen1229 #1481335 09/23/05 10:10 AM
B
B
I had nightmares regularly about the A. Now I have one every few weeks or so.

MB Alumni
Bob_Pure #1481336 09/23/05 10:49 AM
C
C
Just so you don't feel all alone I dream that my wife and her lover are naked in bed together. I see them sitting up with the covers around their waists and they're laughing at me. I'm not angry in the dream, only inexpressibly upset and desperate to find some way to convince my wife that she should love me and not him. The dream ends with me searching the streets of Manhattan trying to find them again. Sometimes the details are different but that's pretty much the dream. It's not really a nightmare but it always wakes me up crying.

campdog #1481337 09/26/05 09:30 AM
H
H
I have had 4 nightmare in 4 straight days now. Since d-day I can't remember having nightmares about OM, but now all of a sudden I'm having them every night.

Married 10 years, Legally Seperated Aug 2,2006
1 year of Plan A followed by 1 year of Plan B...
...now stepping towards recovery?????
BH 37(me), WW 35, DB 7 & DD 5
My Story
My struggle with an EA

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation