Today we were invited to attend a special mass for my husbands regiment and all of the wives and many mothers and fathers and brothers & sisters & other family came along.

I'm not sure what today means but suspect the regiment will or has begun operations. It was somdber and very quiet but there was some comfort too in a strange way.

We each had a small paper with the prayers as follows & it didn't seem to matter if we were Catholic or Baptist or Churhc of England or even non Christian ... we were praying to God & we joined in where we felt it was right for us,

[color:"blue"]
Friends, we gather in this place to celebrate the mass and pray for our friends, husbands, brothers and sons who today are facing the ultimate test of a soldiers life, battle.
Let us also remember the victims of the Bali bombings earlier today and last night, their sufferings and loss and pain.
It is sometimes hard, in times like these, to understand God's will. We pray to be granted comfort and acceptance of what may be the unbearable.

Let us pray therefore the soldiers service.

Our good Lord, grant them to serve thee as thou deservest; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to ask for any reward, save that of knowing that they do thy will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

O God, who seest that in this warfare they are seeking to serve thee, and yet in the waging of it must needs do many things that are an offence against thy love; Accept we pray thee, their imperfect offering. Arm them with thy Spirit that their warfare may further the victory of thy justice and truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

O Lord, we pray thee to have mercy upon all who are this day wounded and suffering. Though kindred and friends be far away, let thy grace be their comfort. Raise them to health again, if it be thy good pleasure; but chiefly give them patience and faith in thee; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Almighty God, we remember this day before thee thy faithful servants who shall fall in they service and we pray thee that, having opened to them the gates of larger life, thou wilt receive them more and more into thy joyful service; that they may win, with thee and thy servants everywhere, the eternal victory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Unto God‘s gracious mercy and protection we commit them. The Lord bless them and keep them. The Lord make his face to shine upon them, and be gracious unto them. The Lord lift up his countenance upon them, and give them peace, both now and evermore. Amen.

Lord God, let this prayer be their armour and comfort in the time of their need
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
Oh gracious Lord, if it be THY will deliver thy servants from the valley of the shadow of death and return them to their loving families. Grant them safe journey through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of Mercy to Thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. We ask thee for the strength to bear that which cannot be borne, to accept that which we cannot face. Grant us comfort in this time of trial, turn then most Gracious Advocate, Thine Eyes of mercy toward us. Amen. [/color]

I wish I was a better Christian, that my faith was greater, but all I can think of is to have my husband home safe and that if some must die let be someone else. I'm ashamed to feel that way but cannot help it.

Even so I feel some comfort but fear for him. And now more bombings in Bali it will not end perhaps for years.
Why is it that you dont realise & appreciate what you have until you may lose it? He is a wonderful man & I brought him so much pain. It will never happen again not from me.
He's forgiven me but I find it hard to forgive myself even though it's what he wants. But I'll work on it with Gods help.

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.