Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1501278 10/16/05 09:35 AM
D
Dawnn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
For so long I walked carefully on my tightrope
each step placed looking ahead and behind
then as if designed by God
I tripped and fell
my limbs catching all that was around me
including you

I am sorry I pulled you down
and the pain you must have felt
when you found yourself hitting the ground
unexpected, out of the blue

And now, for me
this pain is both what I expected and then not at all
Shock, nausea, grief, confusion, and pain work themselves out
into reality, something which must be dealt with

Still mercy is given in some measure
I don't know why, nor do I understand
I can't help but be convinced that God has ordered this

So put your heart to rest
allow peace to find you
Let your pain be healed
knowing it will be ok
because it surely will
along with the knowledge you won't be struck again

The bones will be set
and reset as needed, and the cast will be put in place

I hope you will forgive me
I am so sorry

Dawnn #1501279 10/16/05 12:41 PM
L
L
Hey Dawn...

Seems like it's been ages since I saw you in here. I've been gone myself for awile. Funny how easy it is to drift back in here when we're going through tough times in our life. Guess that's why they say writing can be like therapy.

Your poem sounds like it's laced with pain and turmoil...hope it's not you your're writing about.

I had a dear friend lately that underwent some trauma in their life. I felt so helpless not being able to do anything for them and have discovered that sitting back, while maybe is best, is also the hardest thing to do. For me at least.

I think it's easier to endure your own pain at times, than it is to see those you love suffer. I have found this to be quite true. And it's only when you sense that they will arise from the ashes...that you find any ray of hope/encouragement in surviving yourself. But if I have ever had a near death experience, it was recently.

Good to see you back here again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation