Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Opportunity[/color]
Opportunity comes by creation, not by chance.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Heal Yourself[/color]
The deepest wounds we all carry are locked in our subconscious (out of our awareness). Deep memories and subtle impressions, from unfinished experience, rooted in the past. The pain from those wounds comes to revisit, to block and paralyse us in the moment called now. We all know it comes without warning - "Why am I feeling this way, I didn't mean to do that, I don't know what made me say that." Healing does not mean finding and treating every single inner scar which sends it message to haunt us. It means going even deeper, past those wounds, beyond those distant memories and recordings of unfinished business, to the core of our self, to the heart of our spirit, where we find the light and warmth of our own core qualities of love and peace. They are eternally present within us they are what we need to heal all our inner wounds. That's why this kind of deep healing is called spirituality and not therapy.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Special[/color]
No matter who you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Detached Observer[/color]
It is far better to observe than to absorb every word, feeling and attitude, to get over-involved, or react too much. Observing gives us the patience and clarity to think and act appropriately. Observing creates an inner focus that allows us to see reality.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Balance[/color]
An indication of balance in life is a sense of well-being, optimism and a clear conscience. The foundation for achieving this is to look after myself spiritually - making my mind peaceful, loving and thoughtful. Then I will instinctively know how much time to spend on my own well-being and how much on fulfilling other responsibilities.

J
J
Had a quote in one of those emails you get forwarded from people at work.. not sure who it came from but I think it's pretty inspirational:

"When we're down to nothing. God is up to something."

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Everything's Fine[/color]
To a truly contented and enlightened soul everything in the world, which means the way the world is right now, is just fine. To the unenlightened and discontented soul this will sound like a massive avoidance. But think about it. Does the masterful actor go to the theatre for their evening performance, and on entering the stage start shifting the backdrop, altering the scenery and moving the props around? Of course not, they are totally concentrated on the role they need to create and play to the best of their ability. And so it is with the world. The backdrop to our life is the way things are at this moment in time. The props are exactly where they are meant to be at this moment in time. Many people spend their whole lives trying to change the backdrop and move the props around, little realising the futility of the exercise. Yes they may succeed in altering an angle here, a minute part of the picture there. But all at the cost of the focus and the energy needed to put on their best performance. Little did they realise that if they had fully focused on their performance and achieved their own highest standards of excellence, not only would those around them be immensely enriched, but the backdrop and the props of their life would have changed automatically, as the invitations roll in to perform their life elsewhere. Excellence is a much more powerful influence in the world than discontent. So everything is fine out there. No one said it's perfect. But it is exactly the way it should be ...at this moment. So here is the paradox of effective change - if you want to influence change for the better, then the most effective way to begin is with contentment with the way things are. The way things are, are the way things are meant to be!

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]The Truth[/color]
One of the nicest things about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Love[/color]
Where there is no love, there cannot be peace. Where there is no purity, there cannot be love.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]True Diamonds[/color]
Become a true diamond. Eat the nourishment of happiness and never give sorrow to anyone. There is a difference between true and false. True diamonds sparkle from afar.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Transformation[/color]
Transformation in vision and consciousness will automatically create favourable circumstances.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

[color:"purple"]True Peace[/color]
True peace can be experienced only when we stop giving and taking sorrow. In order not to give sorrow we need a clear heart that has no ill feelings and for not taking sorrow we need a big heart that can tolerate and help other souls to get over their weaknesses.

S
S
Happy Halloween to you too !!
And thanks for the thoughts.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Silence[/color]
Silence calms your heart. It is a balm that heals the wounds of the soul. It strengthens the spirit and takes you to a world without sound where peace reigns.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Happiness[/color]
Am I happy? If there is any sadness I make a strong effort to be free of it quickly, otherwise it grows like a vine in the rainy season: by midday I will be confused; by evening a whole jungle of weak, wasteful and negative attitudes will have taken deep roots in my mind. The result equals chaos. Sometimes I reach a stage where the attitude is: "So what if I feel the blues today? It is my life; no one else will be affected". Firstly, the more I allow myself to experience sorrow, the less time I have available to be happy and contented. It sounds ridiculously obvious, but am I aware of the value of happiness? It is an extremely rare commodity, and the cost goes sky high. Secondly, is it my life? Yes, I am living it, but am I not a member of a family or a co-worker with others, and am I not part of society? If so, then every movement affects and is affected by those around me.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Purity[/color]
Let my eyes be a mirror for others, reflecting only the best and finest qualities.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Vibrations[/color]
Every thought creates vibrations. Vibrations are like sound waves or radiations. No obstacles, no hurdles can stop them.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Spotting Goodness[/color]
When I become excessively critical towards others, it means I am going in the wrong direction. We are usually very good at spotting mistakes, but we should develop the quality of also spotting goodness. If I can see what is good in others or in situations and go beyond the curtain of negativity, I will feel good about myself. If I constantly think, "this is wrong", I instead create a barrier which blocks me from reaching my own goodness.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Trust Yourself[/color]
In any relationship trust is the first thing to leave and the last to return. And if you recognise that the most important relationship is with yourself, then perhaps it's time to start some trust building close to home. Make and keep a promise or a commitment to yourself, however small - in fact, start very small! Make one and keep one today, and then notice the surge of inner power as a result. See how much more you like yourself as a result. Trust is being built.

N
NZGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
[color:"purple"]Happiness[/color]
It isn't addition of possessions, but subtraction of desires which promotes happiness.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation