Just wanted to wish everybody a peaceful and happy thanksgiving.

My plans are to have dinner here. We have a houseguest - refugee from Katrina flooding who is an old family friend, as well as a boarder from Japan, a young man enrolled in an English immersion program near our house, staying here. The Katrina refugee has invited her local friends (with my blessing) to have dinner with us. The good news is that she and her friends are all excellent cooks and a lot of fun. The bad news is - None! She is an old friend of my STBXH's from college and we have always gotten on very well. She stays at his apt. when our son is home, and she stays in our son's room when he goes to his Dad's.

The young student speaks limited English, which does not deter our son at all. He pantomimes and acts things out for the boy, and they have computer and video games in common. Our arrangement calls for us to give him two nutritious meals a day. I am really pleased about that, because it means that at dinner time we are all at the table and although he is not a relative, there is a family feel.

My H will bake the bird at his apartment and our son will help him. They will transport it the 3 blocks here and all told there will be 14 at dinner.

I relented on not having him included in the occasion. Were I in Plan B and working to save our marriage, I would have held fast to not including him. But I am at peace with the decision to divorce and am actually feeling much better now that he is not here and I am not checking his cell phone for call history.

I agreed to my H taking our son to spend Christmas with my widowed father in law. Son is very attached to grandparents, and he has been expressing the wish to spend that holiday with Grandpa. At first, I wanted to have separate holidays: Thanksgiving Mine; Christmas out of state, STBXH's. Now I'm willing to just let it go. I know that our son doesn't have many more years to see Grandpa, and it will be good for all of them.

Sad. I wish things were different. Just couldn't hang in any more with the cell phone calls in the middle of our holidays and ad nauseum.

Gotta go. Again, good wishes to all of you and I hope as many as possible recover your marriages.

Last edited by Bellevue; 11/23/05 05:52 PM.