Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
We still have two more weeks before the move

She needs to take vacation or a leave of absence for the next two weeks then.

Unfortanatly she cant. It is required to complete this or she will loose out on 8 years of schooling.

HurtE #1536312 01/13/06 11:46 AM
B
B
Well the "love" stuff is just her fantasy. But she won't realize that until he is out of the picture.

See if you can schedule time with her for the next two weeks especially.

HurtE #1536313 01/13/06 11:47 AM
F
F
How would they handle it if she were in a car accident and couldn't complete it? They wouldn't toss her credits down the drain for that.

Have you and your wife considered meeting with the dean and explaining the situation?

I'm not sure I understand what she's doing for work/school so I'm having to throw a bunch of stuff out here and see what sticks.

Me (BS) 36 FWW 35 Married 5/25/91 DS-7 DD - Born 11/8/05 !!! PA #1 12/1996 PA #2 4/01 to 1/04 NC 1/04 There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. - Mahatma Gandhi Don't think exposure is a good idea? Go here... From Harley Himself
O
Owl Offline
O
Agreed...that, or a school counselor, or something along those lines should be made aware of the issue here so that you can seek some alternate means.

The problem is this...knowing it's 'going to end' in two weeks, they're likely to escalate this (hence your 'love you but not in love with you' speech...almost all of us heard this during the affair).

You have GOT to take steps to end it NOW. If you wait, it's going to get worse...trust me, it's unavoidable. She has also got to realize that there is no way your marriage can support her doing this for two more weeks.

Can she have someone take notes for her (recordings, etc...) and then just go in for the tests? Has she (or you) talked with the teacher about this?

Owl #1536315 01/16/06 12:24 AM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Ok, so I pried some more. Straight from her mouth. Wed, they made out. Thurs, lunch. Friday, he tried to talk to her and she told him she is starting to hate him because he is ****** up her marrige.

Oh and he gave her a card sometime last week.

Happy birthday to me! :| Anyway, I went to see him at work. Could not find him. Been blowing up his cell since. He wont answer. I am going to make his life ******.

Going to talk to his wife again.

HurtE #1536316 01/17/06 09:09 AM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
He finally answered his phone yesterday after about 50 calls. I told him that I was looking for him at work and that if he even looked at my wife again I would kill him. I made him have his wife call me. I told her everything I knew. I now have her cell number.

Since then my wife has done everything she can to let me know she is sorry and that she does not want to loose me. Last night she wanted to slow dance to our wedding song. She balled like a baby but it did not feel right to me. After terrible mood swings and uncontrollable crying for a day and a half I feel kind of emotionally void.

She is there now. My stomach is killing me. She has promised to call me every spare minute she has. We will see……..

HurtE #1536317 01/17/06 01:22 PM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
She has called me several times today. I went to lunch with her. I asked her about contact with him today. She was able to look me in the eye and tell me there was no conversation what so ever.

HurtE #1536318 01/20/06 07:41 AM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
WW is deep in the fog but I think we are at least making progress. She is very upset that she has to go no contact for life because it is a shame to loose such a good friend. Gag me!

We still have a week before there can truly be no contact but she has told me they have not talked since last week when I rediscovered the ongoing R. I think she is telling the truth this time and she is being somewhat honest with me about her feelings for him.

The problem is when she goes NC with him I will only be seeing her on the weekends. This is going to be tough. I am not sure I have the strength.

I told her yesterday that I was going to try to not worry about it because it was killing me. I told her that I have done pretty much all I can to save the marriage and that is up to her to decide weather she wants this or not. And if she is not being honest and still carrying on the relationship I will find out one way or another and that will be that.

Good idea?

HurtE #1536319 01/20/06 11:21 AM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
bump

HurtE #1536320 01/20/06 02:18 PM
H
HurtE Offline OP
OP Offline
H
OK, she is at it again. She has been subtly trying all week to go to lunch with her “girlfriends” instead of lunch with me. By now I know the routine. She usually calls me after leaving school for lunch. Last Thursday she didn’t because, guess what, she went to lunch with him.

Today she had between 11:45 and 2 to eat lunch and get back. It is now 2:15, no call. Gee I wonder who she went to lunch with.

I can’t take it anymore. I am ready for full on plan B. She is moving in a week anyway.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation