Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1546746 12/27/05 10:45 PM
P
PCreek Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Post deleted by PCreek

H
H
Can I ask, was he a virgin when you met? Did he have sexual experiences with others that you know about?

P
PCreek Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Post deleted by PCreek

S
S
I have been thinking about this for a few days not knowing exactly how to respond.

HONESTLY in my opinion... he should leave. But that is his choice to make. The thing is that you have to give him the information to make that choice.

You talk about not wanting to have sex with him and possibly leaving. I'm sure you would leave without telling him you had an affair. Do you know how much this would crush him? First of all, he's thinking something is wrong (maybe that he did; maybe he thinks he's no good in bed) that you aren't interested in sex with him. So he's suffering there. Then, if you make up some excuse to leave him, he will think you were disappointed in the marriage itself and left. All of this is very hurtful to him. And he's getting hurt for the wrong reason-- because he's going off of bad information.

If you can force yourself to tell him, now he's working with the truth. Tell him how terrible you feel. Tell him the lessons you've learned and why it's never going to happen again. Once that's done, it is in his hands to decide. If he clams up and doesn't want to talk to you, that's what will happen. But he will eventually make a decision on wether he wants to move forward with the marriage or wether he wants to end it. The choice is his and it is his right to know.

please, please do the right thing. It will hurt him but at least your relationship will exist on a foundation of truth instead of dark secrets.

slimjim #1546750 12/29/05 04:42 PM
P
PCreek Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I

Last edited by PCreek; 12/30/05 03:59 PM.
S
S
I told him the very day I posted the first one. It's terrible. He won't talk to me. Look at me. Nothing. I know I deserve it and I know that I was completely selfish and I know I've hurt his heart. I just couldn't go on with a secret from him. His supposed to be my best friend. I hurt his heart by doing it and then I wasn't honest. Anyway, it's in his hands now - I just hope that he finds a glimer of opportunity for me to earn his respect and trust and love again. I really want this marriage to be all that it can, which is why I told him. I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave and I am interested in sex with him but it was the dishonesty that was making me sick to my stomach.

Great. You definitely did the right thing. You have a very rough road ahead of you but at least you are living honestly and were fair and loving by telling him the truth. If you really have changed (which I trust you have), I hope he will forgive you and you guys can have a wonderful marriage. I'll pray for you.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation