Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
united #1572388 10/13/07 11:08 AM
M
M
Here's a nice little link I discovered today.

It's a listing of survellance options with actual links to amazon and other websites that sell these items.

Suggestions and comments on things like mini-video/audio recorders/downloading recording programs onto smart cell phones/recording calling cards, etc.

The also linked wristwatch MP3 players that can be set to record hours of audio. This in particular would be ideal for any poster herein that fears his wife could, will or might file a false Restraining Order or Domestic Violence complaint against him. The site listed the price at around $70 bucks so it's inexpensive and, if worn, would be available immediately for recording. No need to fumble around in pockets trying to get a digital voice recorder to work and stay on or run around trying to find such recorder. Just wear the watch all the time. Put music on it so it appears to be legitimate and record what and immediately WHEN you need to in digital quality. Best part about it. If you are arrested and restrained from reentering your home....the evidence goes with you.

They also suggest, compare and discuss special survellance calling cards previously unknown to me. Very interesting way to record calls...remotely.

Anyway...here is the great link to and about survellance products.
DON'T MAKE HER MAD....PROTECT YOURSELF SURVELLANCE PRODUCTS

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
MrWondering #1572389 10/15/07 10:38 PM
M
M
Courtesy of the poster Thinkingofmykids here's another handy dandy keylogging device that you just plug into the target computers USB port (like a flash card storage device), go through a 60 second set up process, remove the device from the USB port, hook it on your keychain and take it with you. You then can use it on any other computer to monitor the target computer completely.

It's only about $60 according to PC magazine.

Thinkingofmykids indicated that no detection software recognizes it yet so it's an easy one to use and you can monitor REMOTELY.

Here is the link ---- > SNOOPSTICK (not a toy for Snoopdog, fo' shizzle)

Thanks Thinkingofmykids

Mr. Wondering

MrWondering #1572390 10/15/07 10:43 PM
T
T
One stick will monitor up to 3 different PCs too.
I can get them cheaper than the listed price...anyone interested let me know and I will try to figure out what shipping costs are. We have about 20 in stock...go through that many a week...sadly.

Oceangirl2 #1572391 11/13/07 05:43 PM
B
B
bump for my friend.

~ Pain is a given, misery is optional ~
BrambleRose #1572392 11/13/07 10:56 PM
C
C
FYI

Spying on lover's e-mail? Monitoring may be illegal Austin police have charged two recently with activity.

By Tony Plohetski AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Shawn Macleod wanted to know where his estranged wife was going on the Internet and what she was writing in e-mails, investigators said, so he secretly installed a program called SpyRecon on her computer that sent him electronic logs with the sites she had visited and messages she had sent.

His spying resulted in a four-year prison sentence.

Software programs created to monitor computer activity have grown in popularity in recent years as parents have sought ways to prevent children from accessing adult Web sites or e-mailing possible predators and as businesses have tried to curtail the time employees spend on the Internet when they are at work.

Others, too, have found a use for the software: Scorned lovers can track where their spouses or partners go online, whom they are e-mailing and what they are saying — all possibly in violation of the law.

Austin police considered Macleod's actions tantamount to illegal wiretapping and charged him with unlawful interception of electronic communication, a second-degree felony that can carry a 20-year sentence. Macleod pleaded guilty in May.

"It's pretty alarming," said Macleod's attorney, Johnny Urrutia.

Urrutia said he would be surprised if his client knew that what he was doing was against the law.

Doug Fowler, president of SpectorSoft Corp., which manufactures an Internet monitoring program called eBlaster, said law enforcement agencies nationwide have in recent months sought company records during criminal investigations, hoping the documents would show who installed the software on victims' computers.

In New York this year, a sheriff's deputy was found guilty of eavesdropping after investigators said he spied on the computer activity of a neighbor he thought posed a threat to young girls in their neighborhood.

The deputy was sentenced to five years of probation.

In California, a man was indicted on federal charges in 2005, accused of manufacturing, advertising and sending a program called Lovespy.

In that case, victims received an electronic greeting card that, when opened, would record e-mail messages and the Web sites they visited.

Austin police in recent months have charged two men, including Macleod, with the crime. The second case, filed last month, is pending.

Detective Darin Webster, who works in the department's high-tech crime division, said investigators also have looked into several other cases that didn't result in charges because the evidence had been destroyed or they couldn't conclusively determine who had installed the spyware.

"The problem itself isn't the software," Webster said. "The problem is how the software is being used. ... And in the cases I've seen, there are warnings on there that it may be against the law. In Texas, it is."

State law says it is illegal to intentionally intercept spoken or electronic communication.

The law grants some exceptions, such as to switchboard operators who might hear part of a conversation while doing their job.

The law doesn't address certain questions about computer spyware, such as whether it is legal to install the equipment on a jointly owned computer without the consent of the second owner.

Employers typically have workers sign waivers acknowledging that they know the company computers are monitored.

Parents, as guardians of their minor children, are allowed to monitor their children's activities.

According to court records, Macleod's estranged wife, Kristy, reported to police in August 2005 that she suspected he was monitoring her computer use.

A detective using a fake name sent Kristy Macleod an e-mail offering to buy the couple's pool table.

A few days later, Shawn Macleod confronted Kristy Macleod about the e-mail, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Detectives searched the computer and found SpyRecon software on it, according to the affidavit.

Kristy Macleod could not be reached for comment. Company officials for SpyRecon did not respond to an interview request.

In an online advertisement, the company asks, "Have you ever needed to secretly read the e-mail of your child or spouse?"

In the second case Austin police filed, investigators said Alexis Lugo, 29, installed eBlaster software on his ex-girlfriend's computer.

An affidavit in that case said Kara Winebright called Austin police and reported that she thought Lugo had hacked into her computer and changed the password on some of her accounts.

Winebright said she had broken up with Lugo and later had discovered some unusual activity on her account with eHarmony, a dating Web site. She checked her other online accounts and found similar problems.

Police searched her computer and found the eBlaster software.

Ordinary anti-spy software might not detect such programs, but checking to see which programs and files have been downloaded to hard drives should reveal them, said Fowler, the manufacturer of eBlaster.

Fowler said his company intended for the software to be used only by parents or businesses, not by spying spouses or partners. The company marketed the product that way several years ago but stopped, he said.

"We ultimately decided that it wasn't a market we wanted to participate in," Fowler said. "There are certainly those who buy the software for this kind of thing. But we don't encourage it."

Divorced:
"Never shelter anyone from the realities of their decisions": Noodle

You believe easily what you hope for ernestly

Infidelity does not kill marriages, the lying does
Cymanca #1572393 11/18/07 10:37 AM
S
S
Bump for Pottsy

W
W
Hi Everyone!

I had promised to put together a guide for bs's to block ws's from using websites to break NC. I finally have it put together and I was wondering what everyone thinks. It is my gift to the community for all the wonderful help my wife and I have been given. Thanks for taking the time to care!

Blocking Websites With The Hosts File

Sincerely,
Want2Stay

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
Want2Stay #1572395 12/22/07 10:05 PM
R
R
Bumped for Dory.

Resilient #1572396 01/07/08 02:17 PM
R
R
bump for monica8

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
Want2Stay #1572397 01/07/08 02:41 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Everyone!

I had promised to put together a guide for bs's to block ws's from using websites to break NC. I finally have it put together and I was wondering what everyone thinks. It is my gift to the community for all the wonderful help my wife and I have been given. Thanks for taking the time to care!

Blocking Websites With The Hosts File

Sincerely,
Want2Stay

Want2Stay, Fantastic tutorial!

"IF" you have an internet router, I believe it safe to assume they all have the capacity to block specific sites by adding them to a list. I know this can be done with my Linksys, and Buffalo routers.

You can also restrict internet connection to specific time of day, or days of the week. This comes in most handy for grounded teens!

You can create these limitations to affect all computers on the router, or individual/specific machines by mac address.

Due to the many different router manufacturers, I believe Linksys to be most common. I have provided a link for only the Linksys brand. A google search for others, or find the support page on the manufactures home page.

"If you are not in the USA" please go to linksys.com to select your location, otherwise USA LINK HERE

-JKT

ComingAbout #1572398 01/08/08 08:13 PM
G
G
Big Foot directories....gives addresses, folks living in the house and a semi accurate BD. Use if Zabasearcjh doesn't work for you...use it on yourself and see whatcomes up...scary

Marriages don't fail, people do. (And I don't recall who said it)
G
G
If WS uses a cellphone and has a lot of business calls to the same number, you may have trouble figuring out who is OP in the early days. If you have access to the cell phone, write down the dialed numbers, along with the time they were made. When you get the phone bill, compare your log to the bill. If WS is deleting calls the the OP, these will show up on the bill, where they didn't show up on your handwritten log. In my case, 22 of them in the first month.

Also, they will try to fool you with using a prepaid phone card on the cell phone. They will show up as strange 800 calls, like Atlanta, Montana, etc. Don't let that fool you.
Call the number and it will tell you that it is a prepaid number and that the person is unavailable.

Your query is why use a prepaid card when minutes are minutes in the cell phone world. They can't explain it.

Marriages don't fail, people do. (And I don't recall who said it)
L
L
I posted this elsewhere but it really belongs here. You can buy minutes on a spoofcard which allows you to make a phone call and have a different number of your choice appear on the caller id. Name too if you want.

I found it very instructive to call WH spoofing the call so that it looked as if OW was calling him.

You can call his cellphone whilst standing in front of him from another phone to see now he reacts or you can do it when you know he will be free to pick up the call.

Instructive either way if NC has been agreed . .

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
living_well #1572401 01/23/08 11:45 AM
K
KLD Offline
K
Any ideas on how to find out where OP works? I'm having trouble locating this info. She has left her previous employer - I called for her there to see if they would tell me where she works now, but they said they don't know.

I need that info to find out if she's occupied during the day or not and if her employer is a possible point for exposure.

Me (BW) 48
WH 46
M 2000
No kids
D-Day #1 1/4/08
Confrontation 2/10/08
D-Day #2 3/22/08

KLD #1572402 01/31/08 10:14 PM
K
K
Bump for a newbie..

KLD #1572403 02/01/08 08:52 AM
W
wtf Offline
W
KLD, start a new thread titled something like, "OP- Need help brainstorming/intelligence gathering", and I guarantee we all can do it fairly quickly. I have some ideas already, but need time to think of other helpful bits.

BTW, my WW got a wrong # call yesterday, and I already have a name , address, ph#, occupation, age, HS attended, year graduated, previous addresses, etc. So, it can be done with more effort than what I put in for 30 minutes.

Last edited by ineedfoglights; 02/01/08 10:48 AM.
carnation #1572404 02/02/08 08:17 AM
S
S
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried Flexispy? I'm not sure I totally understand it but once you install it on someone's cellphone you are able to hear conversations going on even with their phone turned off. In other words, you can basically hear what they are saying to other people in the office, etc. just in normal conversation - not just when using their cellphone.

Does anyone know anything about this? There are several different programs (can't remember the names of others) and I would love to try one since I have easy access to my H's cellphone. The problem is that I'm technologically challenged and even using the cellphone much beyond answering it and making a call is a problem for me. But this sounds fairly simple - if it works!

Shadows

Shadows #1572405 02/08/08 06:54 AM
S
S
I'm bumping this up since I never received a reply about the Flexispy program for cellphones. Hope that's okay!

Shadows

Shadows #1572406 02/26/08 04:09 PM
M
M
Just wanted to add this to this thread...

Read private data stored on any Cell Phone SIM card

Click here----> LINK

Marsh

Marshmallow #2037926 04/04/08 09:55 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Bump

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation