Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dunk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
hello,
I have been with my husband for 9 years now, but we only got married in sept last year, back in june he reunited with a female friend that he had before we met. they have become close friends again. Last week i found out he had slep with her resently, they say it was only once, he does say he loves me and it wont happen again and that there just best friends, he still wonts to go and see her and hes always talking or texting her, im 5 month preg and love him but can it really work if he is still such good friends with her.i know her and she still text me (if i wont her to) and said she wont get in the way of our marriage iv asked him not to see her but he refusses to do that saying there best friends? so does he really love me or although he denies it does he wont her.

D
D
Lets see.

Look how well that's worked for them so far.

AKA: No. They can't be just friends. That's like handing a toddler the controls to an atomic bomb and telling him, "Don't push the button. Don't push the shiny, red, candy-like button."

Welcome. Sorry you have to be here, but you are in able hands.

PS - Good friends don't enable you to put your marriage in danger. Ever.

- Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Listen to Kimmy! They CAN NOT be friends!! They MUST stop all contact. You must insist!! This is a deal breaker!

Do not give in. If you do you are condeming your marriage to a slow and painful death!

Good luck!

BS 43 FWW 40 EA (internet) 4 kids 8-12-13-16 Recovery 1 1/2 years
M
M
Friends can become lovers but lovers can never become friends.

Sorry, he loses the friend as a consequence of his infidelity. If he can't see that then there is likely a lot more attachment (ie - emotional and physical affair) than you are already aware of. Investigate snooping techniques over on Infidelity General Questions II board (much more active board...in case you didn't know). You deserve and are entitled to the complete truth as it relates to your life.

Good luck,
Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
B
She is already in the way of your marriage. Your husband is cheating on you and the only way to save your marriage is the MB way of Plan A, Plan B, Exposure and No Contact letter. Get familiar with the rest of the MB site. Good luck.

S
S
My stepfather told my mother that he and OW were just friends and that he wanted to continue meeting her for lunch, etc. All this meant was that they were still meeting to do drugs and have sex.

D
D
dunk - I agree with all the postings above. I was in very similar circumstances to you. Just because the relationship between the two of them is not physically does not mean that it is not an affair! It just means its an emotional affair! It took me a while for my WS to see this and I'm not even 100% sure she fully understands this now. But an affair is an affair and is a serious impediment, no thats not strong enough... its a deal killer to your marriage. Your H must end ALL contact with the OW! No if, ands or buts. Without this you CAN NOT move on.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. I'm a newbie here myself and have been greatly strengthened by the community here at MB.

M 071501 BS (me) 32 FWW 31 D-Day (PA) 012906 D-Day (EA) mid-05 Bio - in in my postings: Help - personal or couple issues first (long) ; 3 week vacation suggestion - ? alternative? ;BS pre-marriage virgin post PA ~ HELP plz
W
W
Sorry, he loses the friend as a consequence of his infidelity.

Absolutely. It is amazing how WS don't see this. DUH. They had SEX, they are no longer just friends.

My FWH also let his 15 year friendship with a former college classmate turn into an A that was just supposed to be Sf for kicks and giggles. Well, the truth is, that for most women, SF almost always involves emotional attachment.

If his "friendship" with OW continues, the affair will continue. This relationship must end, so follow plan A, plan B (if necessary), and NC or your marriage will end.

Sorry that this is happening to you, but you are in a wonderful place to get the advice and support that you will need to get thru this very difficult time.

Who

I am the BW,
He is the FWH
D-Day: 12/02/03

Recovered

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 216 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation