Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1615692 03/18/06 04:22 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Do you find it ironic that a man who was betrayed but still married to the WS would go to a website for help with infidelity and end up in a PA with a woman that was betrayed herself but divorced. She was posting advice to others about infidelitly and knew this man was married still but feels she did no wrong. What are your feelings?

Me - FWS 39 H - BS 41 Married 20 yrs R Day 2-6-06 2 boys 18 & 14 There is no other one who can take your place I feel happy inside when I see your face I hope you believe me 'Cause I speak sincerely and I mean it when I tell you that I need you
M
M
There is never an excuse for infidelity.

B
B
Well, I don't want to get into the whole posting advice when you are still very early in this stuff. It seems like a lot of folks here think it is fine, whether they know the MB plan or not.

But it sounds to me like she and your husband need to spend a little time working a recovery program before they jump into another relationship.

B
B
How *she* feels about it is almost irrelevant. It's whether or not your husband feels that it was wrong that matters. While I disagree with moveforward in that I believe there are plenty of reasons for infidelity, most of us in here would agree that it doesn't solve anything and it certainly makes rebuilding a marriage even more difficult. If he did it out of revenge, I imagine that he found the whole experience rather bitter and flat and not the release he might have hoped for.

Good luck to you both.

Me (BS) - 46
WH - 51
Together 17 y., married 12
DDay (#3!) - 1st May
TBD whether recovery is in the cards
M
M
Do you find it ironic that a man who was betrayed but still married to the WS would go to a website for help with infidelity and end up in a PA with a woman that was betrayed herself but divorced. She was posting advice to others about infidelitly and knew this man was married still but feels she did no wrong. What are your feelings?

My feeling is that adultery is wrong no matter where it is found. And infidelity boards are no more immune from affairs than anyplace else.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

bronwyn #1615697 03/18/06 07:03 PM
M
M
You have to be kidding? What reasons are there for infidelity? Are you saying infidelity is right in any case at all?

Hopefully, you are confused by what I typed.

M
M
bronwyn, there are always lots of excuses for infidelity, but there are never valid reasons. There is simply no valid excuse for adultery. Adultery is always wrong, regardless of whether one thinks so or not.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
A sin is a sin, no matter why you do it, or who did it first.

O
O

If what you posted is true, that's wrong and very sad. So u r the WS now BS? R u talking about one of us here?

L.

Orchid #1615701 03/19/06 07:56 AM
B
B
Call off the dogs, lol! I just meant that there may be plenty of reasons or excuses (in the eyes of a WS these are one and the same) that a wayward spouse *perceives* to exist, but in the end it's simply justification for an act that serves no purpose other than to put distance between the perpetrator and the loyal spouse. I'm on your side, really I am!

Me (BS) - 46
WH - 51
Together 17 y., married 12
DDay (#3!) - 1st May
TBD whether recovery is in the cards
bronwyn #1615702 03/25/06 04:35 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I am the WS in this mess. I'm having a hard time with both my remorse for the awful mess I have created and I am also dealing with knowing my H was with someone else while we were still married.

I do realize he thought we would never R and did this for companionship that led to sex. He could have waited the 15 days until our court date to do this, it was not that long to wait. But we did stay together and the facts are there that he basicly did the same thing I had done. He a married man who had an A with a single woman. It does not matter who did what first in my eyes. And never the less we both now have to deal with this.

We must work together to never let this happen again on both ends of this relationship whether either of us had "valid excuses" or not. I have owned up to my decision to do what I did but I'm not feeling my h has.

I have appoligized to anyone that knew about my A, such as family or friends that my h confided in for support. I have already gone to the dr. for STD testing. He has not and did not even think of it until I told him I had. If he has something I could get it even before I get my results back and that is not right.

I guess I must keep myself focused on our marriage not the past. But it is so hard!!!!!!!!

Me - FWS 39 H - BS 41 Married 20 yrs R Day 2-6-06 2 boys 18 & 14 There is no other one who can take your place I feel happy inside when I see your face I hope you believe me 'Cause I speak sincerely and I mean it when I tell you that I need you

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation