Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Just so you don't get lost in that thread by some advertiser I am moving you to your own thread. Welcome to MB. First I recommend you get the book by Shirley Glass "Not Just Friends". Stick around there are many here who can help you.
Quote
My husband and I have been together for 4 years in the beginning of our relationship he was seeing someone right before we started dating that he worked with....said they were better off friends. Yesterday I checked his voicemail and there were 3 messages from this girl - one about meeting for lunch....said she said "Hi this is Michelle from //Construction and meet me at 2:30" - I asked my husband and he said it was gal named Michelle and account that he called on. Well I took the phone number and googled it and it came up with the name of this gal he dated before - he had put ///Construction as a "code name" so that when I looked at his phone I wouldn't know - and what hurts more is she was in on this secret!! He said he did it because he knows how jealous I am and that it would be a HUGE fight if I saw that Michelle called or they went to lunch - they are JUST friends!! He is right that I am insecure and jealous - both my dad and my father in law left my mom and mother in law after 30 and 40 years of marriage, and I have had past boyfriends cheat on me - so yes I am insecure and would not have approved if he asked to go to lunch with her. But WHY should he be friends with someone he use to date??? Why have this secret and code name. Not sure how I can trust him - this girl I know had a HUGE crush on my husband for years and he now works in the same town she lives and works in. HELP - ADVICE?


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Lisa, your H should not have opposite friends, especially one that has a "crush" on him and that he has to sneak behind your back to see. Read up on the basic concepts here. Especially the policy of Radical Honesty.


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
^bump^ Lisa, are you still around?


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0