Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1634081 04/11/06 04:44 PM
L
Loy Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Anyone ever deal with this?

I blame my FWH for his sexual aversion, especially since its something that he has to fix and it is a result of the affair.

I haven't wanted to post about this for awhile because it's amazing how many people are so excited to post "Well I don't have that problem" and then more people will post "are you sure the affair is over?" Let's take an issue that I am already self conscious about and combine it with a huge trigger question, and poof, a subject to avoide has been formed.

I printed out Harley's sexual aversion information and recovery work for FWH and he is thrilled with the information because he feels normal and not a freak. Also, he knows that it happens in marraige and our marriage isn't a freak.

He has found a lot of comfort in the information because it describes his inability to relax.

I am confused because I never forced him to have sex, I have tried to not put pressure on him and I am frusterated because I have felt like being understanding has helped delay the solution.

On one hand I am thrilled that he is going to work on this aversion stuff, but on the other hand, I don't trust him that he will. I don't want my being understanding to be taken advantage of.

My sexuality was abandoned during the affair and now I have to be understanding some more? Oh enough.

I am afraid of this issue. If I am looking for an opportunity to make myself feel unloveable - and I do this, this issue is the perfect layup.

How can I trust that my husband is working on this issue? How can this issue become our issue? Cause right now I blame him for it and I am mad that my need for SF is not met.

Devil's Advocate: We're talking about this issue. I remind him, and he says thanks. We talk about wanting to try for a son - really just an excuse to have more children.

Still, I am barely hanging on. Maybe this belongs in another forum...

Loy
Loy #1634082 04/11/06 04:46 PM
A
A
"I printed out Harley's sexual aversion information and recovery work..."

Can you link to this or point me to where it is located?

Thanks

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
W
W
Aphelion,
It is under "Q&A Columns".

Me: 30 WH: 29 WH: left May 8th, 2005 Now: no contact with WH since 07/02/2006 Ark on Plan A plan a tips and musings...get grounded here betrayed spouses...............JUST BE STILL...........
A
A
There is a good book related to this topic called Sexual Anorexia: Overcoming sexual self hatred by Patrick Carnes

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation