Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 823
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 823
I'm thinking of moving on to plan B. I have to see him when he visits the kids. We have no one that can be the go between for us and the kids, so I will need to see him then.

How does that work?

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
Without an intermediary, you simply minimize contact. I did it this way and it worked just fine for me.

Keep communications short and by e-mail, if possible. No interaction while exchanging kids. All business.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,200
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,200
WH picks up DS two days a week from the neighbor/after care. DS is old enough when WH drops him back home to come inside by himself. On the weekend, I send DS down when WH arrives in the driveway.

For communication, basically I use short notes sent down in a bag with WH's bills once a week.

That works pretty darn good.

Kim


D-Day May 14th, 2005
Married 16 Years
DS age 8
6 months Plan A
Plan B 10-11-05, H moved back in June 2007, Very False Recovery.
2nd Day-Day 7/7/08 Kicked WH Out.
Plan B for my sanity
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 833
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 833
Hi, catgirl. I'm in the same boat as STBX and I have a 15-mo-old and no family in town. The best I could do was minimal contact. The only thing I ever talked about with him were the standard baby Q's... what did she eat, did she nap?

That's it. I don't know if that helped the situation, but it definitely helped me personally.


(Formerly SadMommy05) BS, 29 (me) XH, 27 DD, 1 M, 2001 high school sweethearts OW, 36, divorcee, "we have a friendship people can't understand" WH left out of the blue 9/5/2005 I filed 11/1/2005 D finalized 6/20/06 XH and OW married 1/6/07. Ugh!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0