Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1648467 05/04/06 06:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,693
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,693
Ok I have posted before so if you want the details they are here.

I finally talked my FWW into being honest two and a half years after D Day.

We talked the other night and she finally agreed. She always seems to want to have the discussions when it has to be quick. Well what I just realized is that every question I ask leads to more questions. She wants to talk about it one more time and let me ask all the questions then.

For instance I asked did you have sex with him after a certain point. She said no we did kiss and stuff. Well stupid me I didn't ask what and stuff was. Now I want to know what and stuff is.

I can't believe I opened up this can of worms now. I felt so good today then the and stuff hit me and I want to scream.


BS 38
FWW 35
D Day 10/03
Recovery started 11/06
3 boys 12, 8 and a new baby


When life hands you lemons make lemonade then try to find the person life hands vodka and have a party.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
If you want to know, just ask. Just know that you can't recover until all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction. She must be willing to do that in order to rebuild trust.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 428
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 428
You can't get over something if you don't know what that 'something' was. She's actually trying to protect herself moreso than protecting you. Getting it out will be good for her in the long run too.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,525
I had to know everything.

Positions..were you kissing while doing this..os?..everything.

Every imaginable [and I am an imaginative girl] detail..every possible combination of details..every variation I could think of..I needed to know.

Then after that part of the discussion was done..I kinda thought I might throw up, I went for a walk..H went to take a shower so apparently he was feeling icky as well.

That was actually the last discussion that we had directly about the A. Everything that needed to be said was said..every question I needed answered [and that he needed answered from me ..was answered].

For me..it was a big help..but at the time that I asked for the info..I was ready to hear it [and it was still really difficult to hear].

I do think a lot of people need this ..but I do caution you that you should be ready to hear your worst fears confirmed in living color.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,693
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,693
Thank you. My worse fears have come to light before. LOL. I have actually told people the same thing about finding the truth. I just don't think I should have to commit to only one more converstaiton about the A. just becuase she has waited two and a half years to be honest with me.

Crap now I am so confused.

Ok I am going to straighten up and fly right.

Not going to agree to just one conversation.

I am going to agree to not dwell on the A or any topic during the A.

I will ask until I feel I know everything I need to know. If my questions bring more questions I am entitled to ask and know the answers.

If she doesn't agree then we are not ready for recovery.


BS 38
FWW 35
D Day 10/03
Recovery started 11/06
3 boys 12, 8 and a new baby


When life hands you lemons make lemonade then try to find the person life hands vodka and have a party.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
It will take much more than just ONE conversation. It will take SEVERAL. You will think of new questions as time goes on.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,525
Yes, do not agree to any such thing.

I should clarify that the conversation I described was the LAST not the only...these occurred over a period of years.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0