Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
LLG Offline
L
Ml

I didn't see your other post, For me, foolishness was only one word I noted from the post, your overall manner of speaking is judegmental, presunming, disrespectful and just unkind.

Yes some people do have different ways of viewing what is being said. One person may feel that you are straightening them out, I guess. I find, that you seem very legalistic. I guess it is your way. The message for me is much better said when it is simply stating the facts and nothing more.

Why does Dr Harley state in his material not to make disrespectful judgements in the first place? Or do we reason that we only act this way with our spouses? We only stop DJing with them? Why does he seem to point to us not to come off as if we know better than someone else, not to come off as if the other person is unthinking and unable to figure a matter on their own?

This is a long time coming for you. You were aggressive with me in your post to me when I first came on MB, as if I did something to hurt you when I was trying to deal with the my M. So not only was I dealing with my own hurt but the person seeming to act agreessive with me because I didn't do what you said when you said it.

Anyway, as I said every so often you have a good point. But just as your signature says of the scripture in it about heeding to the wise I can't help but wonder if the Lord is trying to get through to you. Often times you seem to act like one singing the song of fools. But it'd be remiss of me to sing with you, wouldn't it?

So I call a truce.

LLG=Living, Learning, Growing formerly reallyconcerned
Trying to stop fearing and start living
BS-35
WS-33
kids, yes
1 D-day 8/2003, 2nd D-day 1/2006
Current status:
Working in Plan A.
M
OP Offline
M
LLG, I am sorry you have issues with posts, but like I said earlier, that is your problem, not mine. I would suspect you very easily take offense and feel entitled to NOT to be offended. You have no such entitlement, though.

As a result, you believe you can dictate the posting style of others to accommodate your own level of hypersensitivity. Unfortunately, you can't.

As you have probably discovered, you can only change yourself, LLG. You can't change others. If you are so easily offended by my posts, then you should put them on ignore.

Let's keep this all in perspective. All this teeth gnashing and great OFFENSE is a over a rematk, directed to NO ONE in particular, that it is foolishness to go along with workplace contact. [and it IS foolishness] That is way off into loonyville to become offended by such a remark.

The reason I am starting this thread is that we seem to have many people here who think it is ok to go along with foolishness like "professional" contact or other somesuch nonsense.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Personally, I think it is good to have different types of posters on here - who post with different "tones" or whatever you want to call it.

The reason: different people respond to different things.

I for one like the way ML posts - I also like the way many others do too (including Owl and LLG).

But, I will have to say that ML's have probably been the most effective in getting me to do things that I needed to do - but in many ways didn't want to do. Her persistence helps too. Some people need to be "knocked upside the head" (me for one) and ML's posts do a great job of that. For example, she actually called me a "wimpy guy" one time and also told me she gave up on me.

So, as the famous "motorist" once said: "can't we all just get along" (does anyone remember who said that?)

M
OP Offline
M
I would like to see anyone put forth an argument that it is NOT foolishness to go along with workplace contact and expect to ever recover from an affair.

Instead of crying and gnashing teeth over the WORD foolishness, can we address the SUBJECT? Namely, does anyone really believe it is NOT foolish to condone continuing contact at work?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Foolishness : Lacking or exhibiting a lack of good sense or judgement.

Sounds about right to me.

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
The topic of this thread was "No Contact"

NOT

"How About Critiquing My Posting Style"

Back to Marriage Building!!!

If you don't like the way a member posts--USE your "Ignore this poster" feature!!!!!

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation