Lemonman, I didn't want to jack the thread you brought this issue up on so here's my post, yours, and my response:
From Imanotherone:
WH went off and had his affair with a 21 year old, with the typical 21 year old body.
I have told WH unequivocably: NEVER AGAIN. I told him we can work on the M if he wants, but know that we will NEVER be having sex again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Iamtheotherone,
I am curious about your post above. Let me say that I am not at all questioning your right to let your husband have sex with you....but ever again....? I don't necessarily understand how a physically capable and normal person could deny themselves such needs. I would have to question why you would remain living in such a dysfunctional way FOREVER.....Even 4 years...That canNOT be healthy for you either physically or emotionally.
What do you think?
LM
Basically, Lem, I KNOW it's not healthy. As it stands right now, I DON'T want to stay in the M. H is trying (sometimes pretty hard, other times not so much). I really don't know if divorce is the only answer. It probably is, since I can't seem to get past it.
For the most part, H is a pretty decent guy. He's posted here under Toolman77, when we first started recovery. He asks what he can do for me to forgive him, and, honestly, I can't seem to get past it. It's been about 8 months since D-day, so I don't know if it's a time thing.
Obviously, there was some serious sexual disfunction when two otherwise healthy married folks don't get any SF for so long. No, it's not my libido---I am incredibly lonely and SF is REALLY high up on my EN list. I cannot see going the rest of my life without SF. So the equations have no solution:
I want SF.
I don't want to have an A.
I cannot have SF with H.
I am doomed. (I was going to say "I am screwed" but obviously I'm not.)
In a nutshell, that's what I think. Thanks for asking, BTW.