Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1663978 05/19/06 09:20 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hello guys. Had to go out of town for a few days. I have been reading alot from this site and learning alot. I understand now that I was expecting too much too soon and a lot of what I had to say to my wife was hurting more than helping. I did go away with my family (doctors appt. for daughter) and expected to have a really bad time. My wife has been so cold hearted and negative but I have improved my side of it and she hasnt been so bad. Little things that have been bothering me and normally would have made me make comments to her I have been keeping to myself and thinking them thru, such as, her not wearing her wedding ring, not wanting to give a kiss goodbeye and say I love you, and many more but Ill try to shorten it. I have seen so much positive in the last few days, but the little negatives seem to be way more powerful than the positive and take way more effort to get rid of. The trip endded up not so bad at all. I have a couple of questions. I have so much I want to say to her but thaught I would run a couple of things by you all to see what you think. She has told me several times she stayed with me for the kids, could I say "wouldnt it be nice for both of us to be here for the kids and be happy at the same time". I think I know the answer to this but here goes anyway, could I ask her if she cares if I keep trying to win her love. I have other things I want to ask her or tell her but Ill mention them later. If anyone has suggestions on things I could say or questions I can ask I will greatly appreciate it because as sad as it is, I can finally admit that I never was a very good lover for my wife but I am trying hard to learn. She works midnight shifts on the weekends and I am planning to go to her work (Walmart) and try to act like a stranger and ask her out on a date, in keeping with the theme of starting over. I cant thank you all enough for your help.

P
P
It's perfectly natural to want to ask all those questions but now really isn't the time.

Focus all your attention on your starting over theme and just get her to fall in love with you all over again.

Bombarding her with loads of painful questions will not help your relationship and won't get you the result you crave.

Work on the little things, things that will make her feel special, wanted and loved. Avoid emotional pressure nad work towards regaining her love. Look forward to the future and not back at the past.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation