Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1685278 06/22/06 01:15 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, and thought that it was pretyy interestuing so I became a member. Anyway, let me go ahead a get to my point.
Me and my husband have been married for a year and 4 months. been together for 2 1/2 years. we have a son together who is a year old. Lately I have been feeling like I am not even married. He works overnight and when he comes home he watches our son while I go to school. I come home then he goes to sleep. We barely get to see each other and when we do it's always spent arguing. Now, I have to admitt that I am very argumentative, but at the same time he knows how to push my buttons also. We don't talk, we have sex every so often (those with kids know how that can be) we barely eat diner together and we barely have fun. I am getting tired of our relationship. Sometimes he has double standards. If he does something that I don't like or say he doesn't think anything of it. Let me do something and he has a heart attack over it. I just dont know. He turns his nose up at everything. I am losing it here just thinking about.
I love my husband very mych. Sometimes I feel like we are too different and that this marriage will not work out. But I want to try. I have to say that I do things that make him mad alos but it' like we are in it to see what we both do wrong just so that we can say something about it. I am trying my best and not to mention he doesn't appreciate anything that I do, or never make a comment about the things that I do, that are good. All he does is always tells me when I am doing something wrong.
I like to take care of my husband but it seems like he is so independent about everything. I keep prying to good to bring us both to the light and on the same page. We are thinkking about having another child, but I need to make sure that our relationship will work out and that it won't always be this way. Help me.....I just don't really know what I should do.

P
P
My wife and I have a similar schedule, and it makes it hard sometimes.

One thing I would suggest is to go to the "Emotional needs" section of this web page, and have your Husband put them in order of most important down to least. You do the same for him.

There is a section there also that explains why it is important for you to focus on what is important to him...I'll give an example from my wife and I.

My wife has the Emotional need of "domestic" things tward the top of her list...This includes cleaning/helping with housework, ect. This would be way at the bottom of my list. She spends a lot of time keeping the house clean, and thinks I should appreciate it.

Well, it does not mean that much to me so it does not bulid my love for her like she expects it to.

I have "Admiration" tward the top of mine while it is at the bottom of hers. We realized that it makes me happier for her to compliment me on something than for her to clean the whole house...And I realized that it is much more important for me to do the dishes then compliment her.

Well, I hope this helps...this page describes it much better.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation