I have been married for two years (this august), and dated for about two years before that. We have two children together (about 20 months and about 9 months) and I have a 6 year old from a previous relationship. My wife works 1st shift, and I work 2nd shift. We do this so we don't have to have the kids in day care, and currently at my job there are no 1st shift spots making enough to support the family. Also, My wife usually works about 50 hours a week, including Saturday's. I also work some Saturdays.

After reading through this site I see that it is suggested that a Husband and Wife should spend 15 hours of time basically alone with eachother. I just don't see how this is possible in my situation. We have Sunday's together, but we both enjoy spending time with extended family as well. It seems like nearly every sunday we are invited to dinner at either her parents, or one of her Aunts/uncles.
*I absoloutely LOVE her family, and so does she so it is not that I resent her for wanting to spend time with her. I do not want to stop having time with her family either.

I get home from work at about 1AM, and she goes in at about 7AM. I have to get up at about 6:30 AM to watch the kids as they get up at that time. I just don't know when we can find 15 hours to spend together.

Even if we eliminated spending time with her family we still would have the kids, so still very little time alone. When the kids go to bed, we do to. We are just spent after working so much and having two little kids.

We get to go on a date alone about once a month for a couple hours.

Hopefully this is just temporary (another year or so?), but basically I was hoping some of you may have suggestions for this type of situation.

Sorry this is so long.. Thanks in advance.