Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hopeandpray on another thread you said:

"I went to my 25 year high school reunion a few months ago and I sad to say that I saw a couple of girls that I slept with while young, dumb and (well you get the idea)..and I still could remember the night, mood, etc from having sex with them so many years ago. This is why the bible teaches about not having sex outside of marriage. Sex is such an emotional and physical thing that God knew its power to confuse hearts and minds and orderd it within the confines of marriage for this reason. You don't forget people that you have had sex with simple as that."

Thanks for posting that. That is one of those things you 'know' but having only had SF with my husband, it is not something that I 'KNOW'

I have struggled with the whys of his affair- and he has too- his only reason has been stupidity. I think what you wrote really is a big part of it.

I didn't want to threadjack, but I did want to tell you thanks

H
H
This is absolutely true. I can remember every woman that I have slept with, what they looked like, where we were, etc (grant you I'm no Wilt Chamberlain or I might not remember all of them). I even remember those that I just simply had fun with and never loved (I did care for them because I would not have slept with them if not, I don't use people for my pleasure). This is why I say that having sex with someone and then expecting to simply stop having feelings for that person or remembering that person from time to time is a hard to do and why Harley is a genius in stating that there is to be NC ever!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation