Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
M
I intend to continue to be a participant on this board, so you'll eventually have to make your peace with that fact and move on.

Believe dat.

I have a feeling your particular brand of abuse likely won't allow us the luxury of your presence for long, whether you like it or not.

We'll see.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
B
I practically guarantee she won't last long. She will get bored and leave. I believe Dat.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
C
OP Offline
C

I have a [color:"red"] feeling [/color] your particular brand of abuse likely won't allow us the luxury of your presence for long, whether you like it or not.

We'll see.

Mr. W

Ever heard of "men's intuition"? No?

Well there's a reason for that-LOL!

BTW-I started another thread, and you [color:"purple"] ain't [/color] welcome there.
(((Sticking tongue out)))

M
M
I am all against spousal abuse... but even I would have to seriously think about a foot in this womans [censored].

C
OP Offline
C

CS, I just want to ask you as a fellow human being to consider the people here and what they're going through.

Would you go on to a site where the damage is more visible (my previous example of breast cancer support or perhaps wounded war vets) and do what you're doing here?

Yes-I would ask questions and expect adult answers.

And if I disagreed with anyone's opinon I would not expect a cyber attack. I would also not expect people to conduct an off board cyber inquiry into my identity.

M
M
Cinn Suga

I am very sorry your husband has abused you, however, such abuse DOES NOT EXCUSE YOUR BEHAVIOR HERE. It explains it (oh, does it explain it), but doesn't make it justifiable.

I speculate that you are being tempted by someone consoling you during this difficult time. I implore you not to risk your integrity, no matter how entitled you "feel".

I hope your husband gets the help he needs and/or you extricate yourself from such mess. An affair will only complicate matters further.

Mr. Wondering

We have another winner!

My intent is to stay with him...for the money of course (because we all know taht military members are rolling in dough) AND I also intend to have an affair or three.

Judging by the posts here, it will be what hurts him the most..you know-like the way you hurt YOUR wife.

[color:"red"]This is the 2nd time such speculation, the 1st being privately by email in consideration of you, not to threaten you, that you have responded with hostility.

Interesting...perhaps telling.

BTW, I am a BH, not a WH.

W [/color]

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
Here is CinSug's Post from the Domestic Violence Forum...EMAILED ANONYMOUSLY TO US...And YES, we did email her and TRY to offer her support...

I'm posting this to allow others here the same insight that we have been granted and so that CinSug's situation may be more fully understood by all...And perhaps she might accept help from someone here...

To be clear, I was NOT holding this information over her head...However, she seems **** Bent on staying, so perhaps someone here can offer her something...

****************EDIT***************

Last edited by Justuss; 07/23/06 12:05 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
IS ANYONE going to address the issues that I posted about my marriage. You all said that yuou would be "the first" to support me if I spilled my beans.

Well I spilt 'em and no one has offered a grain of "help."

I must ask: Where oh where is your magnanomousity and generosity of spirit this evening?

R
R
CinSug,

Reading the above, I'm starting to understand.

You said yourself you're not keeping this a secret any longer. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your husband is sick.

I'm terribly sorry for what you have been through and for what your son has experienced.

M
M
Ever heard of "men's intuition"? No?
Well there's a reason for that-LOL!

I "feel" gender stereotyped.

W

C
OP Offline
C
You do realize that you behaved exactly as I predicted with this post right?

And let's not make any mistake. You did not post that to "help" anyone gain any "insights." You posted it and accused ME of writing it in order to embarras / punish me for not leaving the board as you and your loving husband have demanded.

The funny thing is this: Embarrassment has virtually no material effect in cyberspace, and since I know the truth it will have no effect at all.

People will have one of two reactions here:
1) They will say "She is a battered woman, and that's whay she thinks ABCDE" They will disagree with something I say and try to negate my position based on this.

2) They will disgustedly shake their heads and say that this witch hunt has gone way too far.

I will nevertheless stand my ground. This board and its forums are public, and I will continue to participate regardless of what you say.

Last edited by CinnamonSugar; 07/21/06 10:23 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
How 'bout using your ignore button...Or NOT entering threads that I start.

Would either of these things be appealing to you?

C
OP Offline
C
I thought you were puttin "this woman" on ignore...

What happened to that plan?

C
OP Offline
C

I "feel" gender stereotyped.

W

Well, I told you-I have ISSUES with that mess...And so far, narry a one of you has jumped up to help me out.

R
R
You do realize that you behaved exactly as I predicted with this post right?

And let's not make any mistake. You did not post that to "help" anyone gain any "insights." You posted it and accused ME of writing it in order to embarras / punish me for not leaving the board as you and your loving husband have demanded.

The funny thing is this: Embarrassment has vortually no material effect in cyberspace, and since I know the truth it will have no effect at all.

People will have one of two reactions here:
1) They will say "She is a battered woman, and that's whay she thinks ABCDE" They will disagree with something I say and try to negate my position based on this.

2) They will disgustedly shake their heads and say that this witch hunt has gone way too far.

I will nevertheless stand my ground. This board and its forums are public, and I will continue to participate regardless of what you say.

You forgot #3, which is:

Members here wouldn't judge you, but in sharp contrast support you, because they too have been through emotional abuse.

Maybe if you were to roll down your tendency to be a bit defensive, you could receive that. JMVHO

C
OP Offline
C
CinSug,

Reading the above, I'm starting to understand.

You said yourself you're not keeping this a secret any longer. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your husband is sick.

I'm terribly sorry for what you have been through and for what your son has experienced.

Well, thanks. He is indeed a sick mofo and I appreciate sympathy whenever and wherever I can get it.

Does this mean you will refuse to participate in future cyber attacks against me?

C
OP Offline
C
This is the 2nd time such speculation, the 1st being privately by email in consideration of you, not to threaten you, that you have responded with hostility.

Interesting...perhaps telling.

BTW, I am a BH, not a WH.

W

I have no idea WHAT you just said in the first part of that sentence, but lemmie tell you this: Your count is WAY off.

I have responded "with hostility" many more times than that. And, you should expect more-if you keep on keepin' on.

Don't play [color:"blue"] Let's See Who Can CyberHit the Hardest [/color] if you ain't prepped for the licks.

Last edited by CinnamonSugar; 07/21/06 10:38 PM.
M
M
For further clarity...Email correspondance with CinSug...

*********EDIT****************

I'm done...

Mrs. W

Last edited by Justuss; 07/23/06 12:08 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
You forgot #3, which is:

Members here wouldn't judge you, but in sharp contrast support you, because they too have been through emotional abuse.

Maybe if you were to roll down your tendency to be a bit defensive, you could receive that. JMVHO

I hope you are not suggesting that I refrain form defending myself so as to appear helpless in order to incite chivalry in the bystanders...That just ain't my style.

BTW- You missed something when you added # 3...I don't consider what is going on in the forums as "emotional abuse." I would have to be emotionally invested here to experience "abuse" at the hands of a few cyber bullies.

Last edited by CinnamonSugar; 07/21/06 10:35 PM.
C
OP Offline
C

BTW: Your use of "Well, Halle -lu- YA" indicates you're becoming emotional.

Hey-I am FEmale. That means [color:"blue"] I get a pass [/color] . LOL!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Comfortable Shoe), 235 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation