Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mcm137 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am going to meet with a lawyer tonight.

I am in Plan B but husband stalked our house, took all financial records, my checkbook and closed our joint savings $$$.

I have all intentions to work on this but I want to know my rights and wrongs moving forward.

I am scared and sick to my stomache.
Thanks all!

me BW - 32 WH- 32 Married 6/01 EA 10/01 turn PA 2/02 (denied for 4 years) ONS 5/02 DD 10/03 DD #2 3/05 D-Day Jan 06 EA #2 1/06 turned PA 5/06 ??? WH moved out 7/06 WH moved in w/OW 10/06 Divorce date 1/07
R
R
How about going to the bank and opening another account, with only your name on it? If you have a job or any income, make sure it goes there, and not to the closed joint account. And get another set of checks, and put half of whatever is left in the checking account there.

You might also ask your lawyer about a restraining order. This is pretty creepy stuff here.

Regards,
rs0522

M
mcm137 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Help!
Anyone

Please
It appears my only option (i've run by a longer plan b by my IC, MC, and attorney) in the state of New Jersey is to file for divorce.

help
now

me BW - 32 WH- 32 Married 6/01 EA 10/01 turn PA 2/02 (denied for 4 years) ONS 5/02 DD 10/03 DD #2 3/05 D-Day Jan 06 EA #2 1/06 turned PA 5/06 ??? WH moved out 7/06 WH moved in w/OW 10/06 Divorce date 1/07
M
mcm137 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
i'm hurt
there are so many out there that could help me
but
time and time again i put myself out here and i get no response

someone atleast please say i hear you but have no advice

M
M
I am an attorney but don't know what to tell you. If you have access to any money...get it now.

If there are investment accounts with your name on them freeze them, withdraw them, transfer them to your name, transfer 1/2 or more to your name....do something.

If there are any retirement accounts your husband can't legally withdraw them without your signature....that doesn't mean he won't FORGE your signature and find a friendly banker or employer trustee to trust him. Alert them that your marriage is unsteady and you want to make certain the money is still there and the account is FLAGGED.

Other than that, an attorney in your state is the best source of information for what you can do. Seek advice immediately.

If he has effectively cleaned you out you MAY have to file divorce to get support. Especially if you are a SAHM and/or kids are involved.

I am sorry you have arrived at this point. I wish we had all discussed protecting your financial interests earlier but that is neither here nor there now.

Again, ANY money you can get your hands on is fair game...he has demonstrated he is not to be trusted FIRST. You will NOT appear to any court as anything other than a smart lady if you act to protect yourself. PERHAPS, EVEN a cash advance on a joint credit card is fair game...just get some or ALOT OF cash to tide you over...if you still can.

I hope it's not too late.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
mcm137 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you

I appreciate your answer

That's pretty much what my attorney said
He is going to file an emergent sanction(??)
and my husband will be filed w/divorce papers on friday

i am sad
i had the best intentions on working on us but
he stole my money, my checkbook, my id, my birth certificate and all of our files on investments, mortgage, etc.

so i will be starting from scratch.
i am a sahm but thankfully my family will be able to front me the $ for the lawyer, counselor and oh yeah

food for his perfect little baby girls who have done nothing to deserve this

scream without speaking, yell w/o raising your voice

S
S
hang in there. i'm going thru the same crisis myself. luckily, i've grabbed up all the documents and they are safely stored away from the house. i don't have a handle on all the IRAs and stuff yet, but i'm going to look into that tomorrow.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation