Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1 |
My husband and i have only been married for 5 months and we are set on the road to divorce. I really don't want to be divorced, but I do need to feel supported.
I find that my husband hears me but he doesn't LISTEN to me. We have the same conversations over and over. arguments I should say. Im a smart, independant woman and he can really make me feel stupid sometimes. I feel like i could be better on my own, I did it for years and was a lot happier. I do love my husband and want to be married but i just dont think it is going to work.
He wants to argue about money, but if he would stop buying me things and just treat me better then we wouldnt be in this predicament. We get in an arguement, he buys me a mercedes, got in another argument he bought me a quad. I dont need or want these things but he seems to think that it will help me forget the fact that I was mad in the first place. So instead of fixing our problems he just covers them up, that makes me even madder. We also argue over the fact that he doesnt support me. I feel like I just don't need him anymore. Yes we still love eachother but is that enough anymore. I refuse to spend the rest of my life miserable, but i dont want to lose my husband either.
Is there a way to fix this? And I'm sure you guessed, we dont have money for counseling but we are interested in it. does anyone know of any free or lowcost counseling services. I know im unhappy but im ready to work to save this. I will not get married again, but i should give it a 100% chance, right?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150 |
You don't have money for counseling but he bought you a Mercedes?
OK, how much reading have you done here?
There may be counseling services in your area that offer sliding fee scales. That is something you will have to find out. Do you have a church home? Many ministers can do some counseling but, in reality, few of them are trained to do significant amounts of it. Perhaps your minister could provide referral. Did you have any pre-marriage counseling as is required in some churches.
You would want a pro-marriage oriented counselor. Some are 'happiness' oriented and would tell you to split up and get over it. You want someone who will help you grow together.
Have you read about the emotional needs? Have you read about lovebusters? All this information is here. I recommend you post on the Emotional Needs board. You will get more feedback there.
|
|
|
Moderated by Ariel, BerlinMB, Denali, Fordude, IrishGreen, MBeliever, MBsurvivor, MBSync, McLovin, Mizar, PhoenixMB, Toujours
|
0 members (),
200
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|