Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1719580 07/29/06 10:16 PM
M
OP Offline
M
We don't have a lot of disposable income (sometimes none). Our anniversary is in August. His birthday is in September. Mine is in October. Then we have to pay for Christmas presents. So usually we're completely broke by January. This year we've had some bad financial hardships so we're struggling more than usual. But, here's the idea I have for his birthday this year:

I have looked at the Food Channel's website. I have picked out some fancy meals that don't require a lot of ingredients and that are not difficult-sounding to make. I am going to buy two candles and candle-holders. I am going to cook up this meal for his birthday and have a candle-lit dinner. We have some romantic classical music on a CD and I can plan for us to slow-dance after.

It may sound more like an anniversary date, but we only can afford 3 dates a year (on our anniversary and both our birthdays). So each is pretty romantic.

K
K
I think it sounds lovely. My H still thinks that some of the "special meals" I cooked for him were some of the best gifts ever. Good luck!

kam6318 #1719582 09/27/06 04:04 PM
K
K
My H and I love doing things like that so of course I think it sounds wonderful, good luck and have FUN!!

KB

FWW(me)-39 BS - 41 D-11 D-13 S-15 Dday-1 10/05/05 Dday-2 06/02/06 Dday-3 07/14/06 Married - 17 years, together 23 My story - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...rue#Post3095358
Karebear #1719583 06/19/07 11:12 PM
C
C
There's nothing like a romantic meal with the love of your life.

N
N
Man that is money, anything that requires effort is appreciated.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation