Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
fantyrf Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks to all of you, it has helped more than any of you could ever know just to talk to someone, to hear it from someone other than a counselor (normal people like me) that I am not crazy to think this behavior is wrong.

I have not made a difference and as far as Mike's family and his children are concerned I never will, I once told Mike that if I won the lottery and gave his family millions of dollars they would still fault in me, because the millions were not enough. He just laughed. However, this is the truth, the millions I gave them would be not enough, they would still find me bad because I wrapped the money in the wrong color band.

Again thank you all so very much, you have no idea how much your postings have helped "an evil stepmonster."

F
fantyrf Offline OP
OP Offline
F
In the state we live in a restraining order can only be issued to aan individual whom you have lived with, been married to, or have been intimate with.....so I have asked that question. I have been told by somone since MIke is Military I can go to his commanding officer to make a complaint, and I have always resisted that because of Mike, however that is a avenue I am looking at now.

S
S
I'm not familiar with all the different kinds of protective orders, but you may want to check with a lawyer to see about that too. You could always bring a civil suit for harassment, but that would be more expensive.

If you don't stay with Mike, I suspect her emails will go away anyway.

How are you today?

And.......

What are you thinking?

BTW, Friday afternoons, and weekends are often slow. If you don't get quick responses, just wait, they will come in time.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
S
S
... yet I feel like a failure to Mike's kids. I guess I thought if I could provide them with some stability, a normal life, a mother figure that everything would be fine, and I do feel so USED...if only words could describe how used I feel. As I said I gave up my career, to stay at home with Mike's daughter, because I felt she needed that.

Have you ever heard the expression "The road to ****** is paved with good intentions"?

You never had a shot at making this work no matter what YOU did. The reason being that the responsible people in your step childrens lives have not held up their part of the bargain.

What is your counsellor advising you to do?

BS 42 WS 39 WH ONS 04/97 and EA ???-08/00 D-day for both 08/00 -Life is 10% what you make it...90% how you take it-
A
A
block the mil's emails..

quit talking divorce with mike...
no point in talking to him much about these issues...

get along...
even make sure you are having some fun and relaxed and get your ducks lined up...

I'd start a paper trail on the stuff...the old nasty emails...
etc...

blessings to you...
and to those kids who have had pretty crappy adult models in their lives.......
(not you)...but what they have been dealt as well..

ark

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation