Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
newly Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If anyone has an example of a very tight, very specific vacation and/or holiday schedule, I would love to see the wording. My original document did not include these and I will need to file a motion to formalize these to avoid future "upsets".
I will need to include specific wording as to notification of use of vacation time, and confirmation of receipt of vacation request. I will need to set a timeframe within which each party could dispute a requested vacation time (say two weeks) and also include a procedure to resolve issues if either party wishes to dispute a vacation/holiday request. (For example, first the parties will attempt to meet with a Parenting coordinator (who will be assigned by the motion), if the issue is still not resolved, then the parties will agree to mediation, before pursuing any legal action.

Currently X believes that a vacation is only a one week period (ie. 7 days) and cannot include any of the parent's normal parenting time. For example, if I have a weekend, and choose to leave for a vacation on Friday, the clock starts on Friday and goes until the next Friday. In his mind, the clock cannot start on Sunday, and go through the following Sunday.
Also, if there are any items you wished you included, please forward suggestions to me. For now, in addition to vacation and holidays, I also want to include a request for
1. two weeks of vacation in a row (currently X believes I am not allowed to do this)
2. Apply for a Passport for the girls, as well as the necessary signatures (since they last 10 years, that should cover me for a while.
3. Necessary signatures for required visas for travel (to go to China someday).

Anything advise here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
N
N
Gawd newly, I feel sorry for you. Your ex is apparently one of the biggest A.Hs on earth.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you. ex had very specific wording in our D document & I told him over & over again. "All I want is for you to have a good relationship with the boys. I encourage you to see them everyday." IMO he was aiming for the minimum.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
M
M
Newly the kids passports don't last ten years like adults - they only last five I believe... I know I got passports for my girls and we both had to show up in person and sign the necessary paperwork -unless i could have gotten his signature notarized or something to that affect - but if adults last ten then they only last five.... until they have to be renewed...

Trying to Let myself find a life after four years of being divorced - Great at the mom thing.. Just not good at the "ME" thing....
I
I
Newly, I don't have access to my papers but I know that we take turn chosing vacation time with the kids. For instance, on all the even years, I have first choice to chose 2 weeks of vacations with my children, any two weeks. During the odd years my EX have first choice of his 2 weeks vacations with the children. I'm sorry I don't have the exact wording for you. Best of luck to you!

G
G
I love the acknowledgment of receipt of request. I want to add that, along with the time frame for dispute. I'm probably about 12 months behind you, but I feel a tempest brewing in my neck of the woods.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
N
newly Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'll be drafting the motion in a few weeks. I was planning to look on the passport website for specific wording.
We have a new judge in family court and I don't know how he is. I may ask my lawyer to review my motion, but still plan to act pro se (without a lawyer) to save expenses.

We returned from vacation, and X is his normal passive agressive self and has not returned my call regarding whether he wants to see this kids this weekend.

Take Care all.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 704 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation