Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1773664 11/27/06 04:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Good day all,

My wife & I have been married a little over 16 yrs. and for the last 3 months; I have been traveling out of state due to a job assignment. I'm able to come home every 10 days or so so it's not like we don't see each other for extended periods of time. For the last couple years, our finances have really become a touchy subject which normally results in heated 'discussions.' Fast fwd to a month ago and my wife starts acting a little distant while I'm home, days start passing without phone calls to each other, etc. I started snooping around and find that she has been talking to an old friend via both email & phone. Well, 3 wks ago, my worst fear became reality in that they met at a little bed-n-breakfast type place when she was supposedly on a business trip. After consulting a lawyer with intensions of filing for the big D, I confronted her with what I knew and at first, she denied everything but then broke down and admitted something did happen. She tells me she's sorry & said she hasn't talked to the other guy since that weekend. We are trying to resolve what lead up to her infidelity and thereby spending a lot more time together. Neither of us want to separate but at the same time I don't feel like sharing my wife with someone else. Problem is, I think they are still talking but are now using web email services which are a little more difficult to peer into.

So my question, given the above synopsis of what's going on, what is the consensus of installing spyware onto her(our) computer in order to verify whether or not she's not talking to this guy?


Thanks.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
I most certainly would install a keylogger until you are assured that the affair is ended and she can be trusted. This is exactly what saved my marriage. I was able to VERIFY independently that my H was being truthful and faithful. This knowledge allowed me to relax and learn to work on marriage.

One that you will find helpful is either eblaster [spector.com] or webwatcher.[webwatcher.com] The former will send activity logs to another email address. With webwatcher, you can monitor her activity from a website.

However, that does not address the biggest problem you have right now, and that is the fact that you have a traveling job. As you can see, that is disasterous to a marriage. If you want to repair your marriage, that will have to change.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Why the screen name? Are you toxic?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 44
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 44
I agree with the above message 100%, it's exactly what happened to me, my experience was the same.

This topic has been discussed in great detail under this forum heading "tools for detecting an affair."

The spyware gave me the truth, the upper hand, lingo they used, phrases they used to let me know what degree the affair was and the knowledge to deter them. It also verified that it had stopped and that avenue of communication was now over. If it were not for Spector, I would have never known!!! The information I found is too painful to recall for your sake, let's just say it's limitless. Then I found out about the other cell phone and the PO box the bill was being sent to. Spyware is only one line of defense of a war for your spouse. Also get GPS tracking via wherify phone @ wherify.com. If she has an SUV you can use an AC adapter in a remote outlet. It's very cheap, you'll know where she's going and where and when she went. Keep it ALL to yourself at first.

I can relate to your situation and Melodylane's almost word for word.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Quote
Why the screen name? Are you toxic?

LOL.

At the time I registered, the W & I were doing the blame game as to why we were in this situation. I must admit that I'm probably not the easiest person to live with hence the screen name.

Reading some of the articles & other emails on this site has really helped pull me out of the emotional rut I was in during the investigating stage & ultimately finding out what I didn't want to accept to be true. Today was the first day where I wasn't completely distraught over what I found out last week. Add me to the list of those that this site has helped.

I bought a copy of ebalster & will get it installed this weekend. As for the job situation, well my assignment won't end until next Aug. so I'm sort of SOL in that aspect.

Thanks for the replies.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 201
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 201
get a keylogger....snoop snoop snoop...find out what you can....it will help you out a lot....remember, knowledge is power.....God Bless you


God Bless A "If God brings you to it, He will get you through it."

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0