Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1774264 11/29/06 07:56 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello all, just looking for some support and ideas. Right now my wife and I have been seperated for about 3 weeks. She's in a state of total withdrawl from me, and any attempt I've made to talk to her on an amotional level, just makes things worse. Right now she wants time and space, and that's something that's hard for me. I caused her a lot of pain, and anger, and she needs to heal in her own way, and time. I miss her terribly, and not onyl was she my lover, but best friend, and now I'm alone for the first time since I was 16. (I'm now 36). I don't want to date anyone, because I'm not ready, plus it would ruin any hope of reconcilation with my wife. So what do I do with all this time on my hands? I guess I've never really had to figure this out before, and as weird as it sounds, I don't know what to do.

Can anyone offer me some support and ideas here?

Thanks,

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
Started actively dating again, 6/4/07, fell apart again, Feb 15th, 08.
Divorce papers served to me 5/24/08.
LSA Signed 9/23/08.
Started dating again: 8/24/08 - things really different so far.

..you can not talk your way out of something you behaved yourself into....
S
S
Going through what you're through. If you have kids, enjoy them with every chance you've got. Maybe do somethings that you liked to do that she didn't. Getting a new hobby or learning something that you've always wanted, like say, play a bass guitar or something to that affect. You need to do something, anything to get your mind off of what is going on right now, even for an hour.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 189 guests, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation