Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Karona #1777933 12/23/06 05:04 PM
L
L
K, I was kidding, really! I wasn't offended. I know exactly what you mean. As for the book, it sounds interesting. Tell us more after you get into it, okay? There are so many interesting "coincidences" in life, don't you think? I remember someone saying in Al-Anon that "a coincidence is a miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous"... isn't that great?!

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
LetSTry #1777934 12/23/06 05:11 PM
K
Karona Offline OP
OP Offline
K
And even more interesting LT is that, while I'm only on pg 45, this woman mentions that a friend of hers took her to an Al-Anon meeting. [her bf was a drinker]. She's mentioning how much she had in common with these folks, yet thought to herself she would never go somewhere and open up to strangers.

I agree with you. There are many interesting coincidences. I'm hoping that I will be more open to seeing them. Maybe this book will help open my eyes?!

Thank you for the reassurance. I would have felt awful if I would have said something to offend you.

K.

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Karona #1777935 12/24/06 05:21 PM
K
K
That sounds like a neat book, I will have to see if our library has it. I'm not sure that I have my life totally on-track, but I hope it's getting there. I still don't feel totally ready for a relationship, though the desire is there. I guess my main priorities for a few more years will be my kids, and as quickly as the time is going by, I'm happy to do it. I do not want to look back and have regrets about how I raised my kids....
Well, I live on the Gulf Coast, so I am probably a ways from where you are, Korona....the guy sounds nice, though. I have had a couple of close calls with long distance relationships, and don't think I'm going to do that again. I am starting to wonder about myself now whether I am getting too self-sufficient, and what I will be like when I finally have an empty nest. Wish there were easy answers.....

Me, 49
Divorced 3-13-03
son 21, daughter 18, daughter 16
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new
thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland” (Isa. 43:18, 19).

kk2002 #1777936 12/28/06 12:14 AM
L
L
I'm not ready to let this thread die yet...

I'm leaving in the morning for my New Year's Cleanse with my head filled with hopes for the new year as well as plans for my new home and business.

I won't be back until late on the 1st, but I wanted to be the first to wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
LetSTry #1777937 01/01/07 09:35 PM
K
Karona Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bump!

Tell us about the cleanse when you can LT!

K.

Karona #1777938 01/02/07 04:38 PM
L
L
I'm home from the Cleanse. It was great - 4 days of listening to Byron Katie work with people on whatever issues they brought with them. I did the juice fast and my energy level got pretty low, so sometimes I felt really tired and I felt restless a lot, but it was hard to pull myself away from listening, so I stayed through most of it. There was a "no talent" show on New Year's Eve to give people an opportunity to get up and perform in some way they'd always wanted to do, even if they had no talent - of course some people did have quite a bit of talent and what everyone did was entertaining. I was an observer for this and the entire cleanse!

I got home to a surging generator, that sounded like it was failing, and no water. I stayed up too late reading my accumulated e-mail and woke up to my generator running, thanks to my maintenance man, and now my water running thanks to his friend the pump guy. Apparently the problem with the water was affecting the generator - something to do with the pump freezing, the capacitor (??) burning out and then drawing too many amps. So everything's good - it's so tempting, after listening to Katie for 4 days, to say that everything's always good, no matter what happens anyway. It was nice not to trip out on the apparently negative circumstances and waste time stressing over something that's now resolved.

How's everyone else doing?

LetSTry #1777939 01/02/07 05:00 PM
K
Karona Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I would have been observing right next to you!
I'm not one to draw attention to myself. Sitting in the crowd is more my speed.
I can't imagine doing what you have done. Good for you!
Glad all worked out well with the generator. Thank goodness for small problems. If they were all big what would we do?

Good to see you back LT!

I've had a couple exciting moments in the last 3 days that I'm hoping are kicking off my new year.
Went out for NYE, it was lame, but the highlight was, some young 29yr old guy guessed my age to be 34. I accepted the guess graciously! It felt good for a few minutes, then I fessed up and told the truth.
New Years Day, I went walking, and passed a guy that's newly divorced and got to share a smile and a hello! Major highlight!
Today, a guy that I've been doing some bookwork for on the side came by and told me they are considering adding me to the payroll. Which was the great news as my job ended back in June.
Things at the moment are looking good for 2007!

Lets hope its good for all of us.

K.

Karona #1777940 01/03/07 03:02 PM
L
L
Hey K, Sounds like the new year is starting off right for you! So glad to hear it. My biggest new thing so far is that I've finally become willing to let go of the last areas of my job I haven't so far been willing to let go of and allow the person I hired to replace me 2-3 years ago (wow, can't even remember now!) to try it. I've been so afraid she wouldn't do as good a job as I do, couldn't handle it, but I'd never be able to replace her. I was also afraid of being out of touch with what's going on there if I didn't stay on top of the paperwork. I have plans to expand my business and need the extra time to work on it but since I don't know if I can do it, it was easier to keep doing what I was doing, even though I was getting sick of it and resentful of her for not doing it. Crazy, huh?! So, hopefully, the new year will bring some changes in my business, at least the beginning of a new home, as well as some fun in my social life, whatever that turns out to be!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation