Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
As many of you know my wife and I have been seperated for about a month now. She shows no signs of wanting any contact with me, or wanting to reconcile at all. I'm pretty sure it's over.
I was asking the advice of a trusted friend, and he said I need to let my hope that there will be something for us in the future die, and focus all my energy on recognizing my weaknesses and working on me. Forget about her.

This is exceptionally hard for me to do. Should I do that? What's the difference betwen fighting for my marriage, and letting hope die? We had a pretty bad relationship, very unfufilling for us both, but with the new information I found here, I have renewed hope.

Confused...

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
Started actively dating again, 6/4/07, fell apart again, Feb 15th, 08.
Divorce papers served to me 5/24/08.
LSA Signed 9/23/08.
Started dating again: 8/24/08 - things really different so far.

..you can not talk your way out of something you behaved yourself into....
B
B
All friends say the same thing. They care about you, and don't want you to be in pain. Also they have no idea about infidelity, and how it feels, how it can be overcome.

All of my friends and family advised me to kick my WH to the curb. Then I found this place where people know how to save marriages. In the end, I was unable to recover the marriage, but I'm a much different, and HAPPIER person now.

Stick with us.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 189 guests, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation