Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
R
ROTFL!!

Now I know whom to consult if I have any emails fr OW or xH!

H
H
In all of this, let's keep in mind that the grace & mercy we show others (even our worst enemies) is EXACTLY the level of grace & mercy our Creator God - who will one day sit in judgment of us all - will show us. That's what He has promised. (see Matthew 6 - The Lord's Prayer; and 18:21-35)

I have discovered that my personal reaction to those who've wounded me most is a direct & leading indicator of how mature I am in my own healing as well as proof positive of my spiritual & mental wellness.

God bless you Michelle as you ponder the greatest testing period of your life...and the Grace it takes to get through it to the other side.

I'm proud of you for praying for her. It can be eternally liberating to your own heart.

Best Regards,
High Flight

M
OP Offline
M
thank you high flite. altho i would love to send an email like the example that gekko showed, my heart and some prayer told me to answer as i did. i also just finished reading FACING YOUR GIANTS BY max lucado. that had a lot to do with how i answered as well.

believe me, i'd love nothing more than to spit in her face for that shallow half attempt at an apology, but i know god will take care of it. i pray he works on hers and exwh's every single day.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

A
A
To Heck with them! May they be darned to heck!

That's my human response. Lucky for them, it isn't up to me.

Live your life for you.

Let God forgive them. Remember that both Jesus on the Cross, and Stephen when being stoned to death, asked God to forgive these people. That's a good model. Leave it up to God.

Last edited by auto009988; 12/27/06 10:48 AM.
H
H
Auto, I agree with you that both Jesus & Stephen asked God to forgive their murderers, but do you know why? Because they'd already forgiven them in their own hearts.

God makes it very clear, that judgment is to be left up to Him alone. However, forgiveness is something He asks of us - to participate with Him in...even for our enemies.

Agreed! It is clearly about the hardest thing we can ever face - forgiving those who despitefully abuse us - after our hearts have been broken into a million pieces.

Agreed! I have my own human response...and it sounds very similar to yours & each of those mentioned here.

But the challenge God places before us (out of pure love for us & our future well-being) is that we allow Him to bring the Divine Gift of forgiveness into our naturally unforgiving human hearts.

I found my ability to forgive my exwife for ruining my life & breaking my heart when I realized how much I had ruined God's Son's life & broken His sinless heart. God has truly lavished great Grace & Mercy upon me I kid you not.

Forgiving & letting my exwife & her BF go into His hands is the least thing I can do, considering what I've put Jesus through.

Your brother in this struggle to forgive,
High Flight

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation