Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1804185 01/07/07 02:47 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Three years ago today, my life changed forever. My WxH told me he was having an affair, and it felt like someone kicked me very hard in the stomach and the feeling of me wanting to throw up. I also felt like a fool, but I was surprise how instantly I forgave him and how I was going to fight for this marriage. We started to work on our marriage but the OW wasn't going to have that, especially since her H filed for divorce the day she "accidently" left evidence of the A laying around the house. That is how d-day came about, my Wxh was afraid her husband was going to tell me about the A.

I wish I had known about MB at the beginning, I found the site four months after D-day and 6 weeks after he moved out. MB was there during my darkest hours. I never knew I could cry so much and so often. I never cried in front of anyone, just privately, which gave the impression to my friends and family how strong I was. I never showed signs of bitterness openly, I told people if I showed signs of anger and bitterness, I would only be hurting myself.

Many of you know my story, of all the games and lies the OW told to get my H. Secretly moved him thousands of miles away, so we didn't have any chance for our marriage. His family hasn't seen him since he moved away. My WxH and the OW have decided to fly home this past Christmas (this is their first trip back) They are newly engaged so now they are a legitimate couple, so now they can show their face around town.( their getting married on 7-7-07, they say its lucky).

In many post I talked about the wonderful relationship I have with my in-laws, They are the only family I have. They love me like their own, they were heartbroken when my WxH told them they could not have any contact with me during their visit . They want to see their son, not necessary the OW but if they are going to have any relationship with him they have to tolerate her. My in-laws decided to have our Chritmas the Friday before, and it was fantastic. When Christmas Day arrived she called and talked about how she missed me today and want to plan next year together. There was alot of tension in the house, and couldn't wait for them to leave.

I was surprise how I didn't care they were in town. And for him not wanting to see me, I don't know if it was all guilt he has inside or the OW controlling nature plus the fear she must have of him see me again. I have change in the last three year. I'm stronger, brighter, got a promotion and finally got myself debt free (a debt my WxH put me in) Plus, the day after Christmas , I even went out and bought myself a brand new Nissan Murano, I deserved it after everything I was put throught. This is Me time. I am so better off than I was three years ago, I do miss the man I married but I surely don't miss the man he has become. I am even seriously thinking about getting back to dating, something I haven't done since high school and since my WxH was my only sexual partner, its kind os scary.

BS (Me)41
WH 41
D-day 1/7/04
H moved out 3/4/04
Served Vegas Divorce 7/19/04
H
OP Offline
H
I wanted to thank everyone who help me during this time, especially Pepperband, Pep who many times brought me back to reality. Many thanks.

BS (Me)41
WH 41
D-day 1/7/04
H moved out 3/4/04
Served Vegas Divorce 7/19/04
A
A
{{{HD2}}}

You sure have been through it, but you have rallied with grace and dignity.

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas - I sure wish that I could still have that kind of relationship with my in-laws. You are very blessed.

All the best for a great 2007!

Alph.

Me, BS 37 Him, WXH (Noddy) 40 DD13, DD6 Married 14th August 1993 D/Day 2nd April 05 Noddy left us 3rd April 05, lives with OW (Omelette) 28 Divorce final 6th July '06. Time wounds all heels... - Groucho Marx ...except when it doesn't. - Graycloud

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation