Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1816133 01/29/07 09:55 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Hello,

I think my Bride to be is having some cold feet. Last night as I dropped her off at her house she said, "Im not excited about the wedding, I don't know if I love you enough, i'm more nervous that im doing the wrong thing and not excited.

Well we went in and talked for a couple of hours. I told her that Im nervous to, but on the flip side, i look at the alternative of losing you forever and I just cannot handle that.

We have been together 4 years, faithfully. We are both Christians and have never been sexually intimate with each other. We have kissed and touched but nothing more than that.

She says that shes not sure she enjoys it when I touch her *there* and thinks that she needs to. I told her that since we have never gone that far, theres really no knowing for sure if we'll like each other that way but I know I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life.

Unfortunately our wedding is this coming Saturday. We've gone through all the counseling and everything went well, it all started yesterday when her friends gave her a Victorias Secret card to buy something for the wedding night.

We have decided that we're not going to do anything wedding until tuesday night. Tuesday night we are going to talk about it and see if she would like to postpone the wedding or go ahead with it. But I let her know it has to be her decision and nobody elses.

Just curious if anyone has any advice on what I can do, or any advice to help me cope in this hard time.

Thanks

O
O
First, I'm sorry no one has replied. I see that your wedding should have occurred by now so I'm curious, did you guys go through with it and if so, how are things?

Going through with sexual relations for a woman for the first time can be an intensely emotional decision and hopefully, your bride realized that you have respected her throughout your courtship and can trust you with her most sacred value as you move forward into your marriage.

Unless you guys were having some other issues before the Victoria's Secret card came up, it sounds like a good case of nerves and hopefully it was.

Good luck

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation