Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
But, you can have a new M grounded in reality. But it is going to take a supreme effort from her. You cannot achieve it alone. You cannot even achieve it 50/50 or 80/20.

It must be 100/100.

I agree very much with Aphelion, rprynne, and I wondered why she told you this. Was this her first step in the recovery of your marriage? Or was it just a pitch to get you to divorce her because she is too cowardly to do that herself?

What is she doing, rprynne? Has she already gone back out on the road?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
rprynne Offline OP
OP Offline
R
but i would ASK HER!!

I will.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
R
rprynne Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Anyway, she met with her boss the last two days and basically told them that if the work was going to keep her away from home more than a few days a month, she was going to have to resign. They told her they needed her to be their at least 3 days a week until a new person gets trained. She responded with yeah, but then it will be another person, then another, etc., so she told them she will be putting in her two weeks notice.

She is very upset about resigning and I wonder if she has not really made up her mind. I asked if she had and she said she had. I know she is sad about it, but I don't really know what to say. I feel like she wants me to say something like, we'll just do what they want and see if it really is just for a little while more. But I can't. I know she can get a better job here and I know she will be happier in the long run if she at least tries for us to work it out.

I confess that I am a complete wimp when my FWW starts crying. It takes all I have not to just cave in. I want her to make this change, but I don't want her to feel like she is making a sacrifice. If she does, I fear that she will resent me. I want her to feel like its a great opportunity to get to where she wants to be.

But I guess she is just taking a chance or making this move on faith.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
M
M
You fear "resentment" but you don't fear losing your marriage to her career? How very odd. Do you really want to be married?

rprynne, it should not be a "sacrifice" for a married woman to live with her H, that should be an expectation. If she resents living as a married woman, then she shouldn't be married in the first place. You, on the other hand, have a greater likelihood of being "resentful" because your W has abandoned you and placed her career far above your best interests.

Even so, this is the best news I have ever heard from you. I hope she follows through. Because, honestly, rprynne, I think this is hopeless unless she lives with you and stops traveling. I would just let her know that you will do your best to make her happy.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I confess that I am a complete wimp when my FWW starts crying. It takes all I have not to just cave in. I want her to make this change, but I don't want her to feel like she is making a sacrifice. If she does, I fear that she will resent me. I want her to feel like its a great opportunity to get to where she wants to be.

I can really relate to this, but I think this is exactly where we need to let go. Her feelings are hers, and even though they impact our situation so much, they are her responsibility. I have the same drive to make my W feel better whenever she's crying, or upset. So much so that she gets annoyed with me when I don't solve her problems for her. Focus on your feelings and communicate them. Worry about your own potential for resentment and address that.

I hope you can stay positive and focus on the good that seems to be happening now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation