Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1827768 02/19/07 07:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1
After 15 years of marriage, I have finally told my husband to move out and he actually did it. I've dealt with his drinking binges for so long that it no longer keeps me up at night with worry about where he could be. The emotional abuse and threats have kept me afraid to progress any further in the past beyond asking him to leave...he'd refuse and I wouldn't know what to do. Although he's very controlling with money usually he has his life and I have mine...mostly getting along due to not really communicating. I have raised my two children alone with the help of my parents (he does next to nothing with them). And therein lies my problem...my 14 year old daughter is taking it really hard. I have been reassuring her that things will be fine, mom and dad love her and that's all that matters...but my normally happy go lucky, nothing bothers her daughter won't stop crying and asking me the same questions over and over. My "emotional" 12 year old son is taking things in stride which was completely unexpected. But what do I say to my daughter? I hate how this is affecting her but I can't put myself back in the situation I was in. They know a little (how could I keep drinking binges from them at their age after all) but they know nothing about the emotional abuse that I've also endured and I plan to keep it that way. I just hate this...

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 921
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 921
Get the children in counseling...

I hated what my kids went through. Be a rock for them.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
COUNSELING. They will need it.
Also, you may need it too.
Please consider Alanon and Alateen for all of you. This is free and could greatly benefit you.
Getting them help now could help to stop the patterns set in an alcoholic family.
There are also great divorce support groups for adults and children. divorcecare and rainbows are two.


It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0